[SOLVED] Msi RTX 3060 gaming x trio display port doesnt work

Sep 28, 2021
So I recently bought a Msi rtx 3060 installed it into my pc, it boots but on my monitor shows no signal, so after some tries i connected them with and hdmi cable and thought that maybe the display port isn't working bought another one and the same no signal problem, but i tried my monitor with another pc with dp and it worked. In conclusion the graphics card is the problem, why my dp port doesn't work ?

Solution
Sounds like a compatibility issue and not the GPU itself. If it worked on your other monitor then to me the monitor configured itself to work with the DP, on the other monitor you tried with the DP that didn’t work try look through your settings on your monitor itself and not on your pc so you would have to manually configure it, look for “source” and see if it’s being detected.

or try turning on your pc, disconnect the DP port wait for a few seconds and reconnect it to see if it works.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Sounds like a compatibility issue and not the GPU itself. If it worked on your other monitor then to me the monitor configured itself to work with the DP, on the other monitor you tried with the DP that didn’t work try look through your settings on your monitor itself and not on your pc so you would have to manually configure it, look for “source” and see if it’s being detected.

or try turning on your pc, disconnect the DP port wait for a few seconds and reconnect it to see if it works.

Solution