Question MSI RTX 3080 Ti rip-off ?

Dec 2, 2022
Hey guys, i just bought an MSI RTX 3080 ti gaming x trio 12gb triple fan brand new.
I was expecting the typical package box with the gpu photo and model all wrapped in plastic, and inside an unpolluted antistatic sealed bag with the card. But, it came in a black weird box that just says "MSI graphic card" written in red with the logo in a full black box, and inside no envelope with warranty, chromes, or whatsoever, even the antistatick bag was open and with no sealing tape. The card is in perfect looking shape and it looks brand new, but the box, the opened bag, the lack of any factory seal neither outside nor inside the box brings me thoughts that it may be used or refurbished.

Any hints?? Thank you so much

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Shouldn't be like that no. Unsealed static bag #1, no warranty card or any evidence this model belongs to you with your purchase. It could be a fake which Gpuz would be able to verify but that means installing it to find that out. Take photos and of your receipt and return to sender asap for a replacement. Don't use.

Dec 2, 2022
20221202-220856.jpg

Thats the "alternative" box im talking about, no seals and inside only the gpu with an opened static bag...

Dec 2, 2022
20221202-220929.jpg

20221202-221055.jpg

Thats the inside and the card. The card smells brand new and looks legit...Havent tried it yet cause i was planning on returning it directly because of the "fishy" unboxing. I even tried the serial and its legit in msi website. I just dont understand the packaging....

Dec 2, 2022
Packaging is shady.
Was it sold as used/opened box?
Where did you buy it from?

Anyway - I'd at least try and see, if it works and being detected properly.
Note - you need 750W decent PSU to power it. Do not use, if you don't have a sufficient PSU first.
It was sold as brand new, closed box (which clearly isnt).
I bought it from a well known online retailer here in my country (Arg) full of good reviews and even free return, thats why i dont know what to do, try and keep the card or return it because of the shady presentation of the product...maybe its legit and all but has been used or something...i looked online for hours and still havent found 1 review with that black box with the msi in red in a 3080ti...

Could be a situation where they returned a card and got that one in return from the manufacturer. When I bought my 6700xt it was supposedly used but the description mentioned something about refurbished. This was from eBay. When I got the card it was in a perfectly sized plain brown box with foam and an anti static bag. I think possibly the seller had been mining and got that as a warranty replacement but maybe never installed it because it looked and functions like a new card. Plus I bought it in June when things were starting to kind of wind down.

Reactions: Senshisan
Dec 2, 2022
Could be a situation where they returned a card and got that one in return from the manufacturer. When I bought my 6700xt it was supposedly used but the description mentioned something about refurbished. This was from eBay. When I got the card it was in a perfectly sized plain brown box with foam and an anti static bag. I think possibly the seller had been mining and got that as a warranty replacement but maybe never installed it because it looked and functions like a new card. Plus I bought it in June when things were starting to kind of wind down.
That came through my mind, cause it appears like the card and presentation wasnt supposed to be for general retail or something like that, the black box, the small msi name, almost like it was intended for internal use or some sort of that. And i still havent found that black box in any unboxing of any MSI card posted/videos nowhere.
Guess ill find out on monday.

TRENDING THREADS