Question MSI RTX Ventus 3080 3x OC Fans Not Spinning (After replacement)

ryansbenn0

Reputable
Oct 6, 2018
Recently got a second hand RTX 3080 off ebay for pretty good price, ($350). However, after receiving it I realized that the fans weren't spinning. Tried setting the fan speed manually, nothing. Doesn't matter if my temps are 35c or 100c, the fans just wouldn't spin.
Ordered some replacement fans on amazon, and in the meantime because I needed my PC for work and I wanted to play games with my new card, I've been using some radiator fans that I zip tied to the card. They work alright, and my temps are okay, but the bulkiness of the fans really bothers me and they make the card a lot heavier than I would like for it to be.
The new replacement fans finally showed up, but before installing them I decided to test them out but plugging them in and leaving them to sit on top of my card to see if they would work since I didn't want to go through the process of undoing all the zip ties.
These fans still don't work, and I'm afraid that it's most likely a faulty fan controller on the card itself. However, the issue with this is that since I'm not the original owner or anything, and the card I received showed up with an already broken tamper seal, I can't claim any sort of warranty on it.
Not really sure what to do with this but if anyone could come up with some cool ideas that would be really appreciated.

Been a few weeks unfortunately, so I doubt I could get any sort of refund on this one.

Contact the seller ASAP if been few weeks you have less then 30 days to contact them about it. Also other problem have you tried taking GPU apart to fit fans in because the seller could say to ebay that you made fans not to work and such!. The seller is already might be saying why did you not say anything in first day or first week off having items!

Contact your seller​

If an item hasn’t arrived or isn’t as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history and reach out to your seller within 30 days of the actual delivery date, or the estimated delivery date if an item hasn't arrived.

If you're unable to return/refund the card you could try flashing the card with whatever the stock BIOS is just in case whomever had owned the card had messed with it. Otherwise you can get adapters which screw into the case PCIe slot which can mount 120mm fans so you're not strapping anything to the card itself.

TRENDING THREADS