MSI RX 470 to vga monitor

GioRgSaVv

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I've already tried DVI-D adapter but I get no signal, I bought an HDMI to VGA cable, still doesn't work.
Are you certain that VGA cable with a DVI-D adapter works?

unfortunately no, i have had luck with these in the past but not sure if modern GPU's support VGA anymore

GioRgSaVv

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I've also tried to connect the monitor to a R9 390 but didn't work out.
Monitor works fine when I connect it to old graphics card with vga to vga cable, so, all the cables and "hardware" works perfectly, the problem here is the connectivity, or monitor just doesn't accept signal from new graphic cards, it's like the signal from r9 390 and RX 470 is too "strong" for the monitor to handle it, or..?

GioRgSaVv

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
In theory DVI-D to VGA adapter should work right? I think this is my only option, if this doesn't work, I will just use the old graphics card until I but a new monitor.

GioRgSaVv

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
No it didn't dude, thank you in advance, you both just answered pretty much the same answer so I just replied with a more generally post.
What do you mean "active"? active DVI-D to VGA adapter? (forget option 2, it's so expensive :p )

GioRgSaVv

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I get it now.. that why there are cheap adapters and expensive... I think both my adapters are not active, I know what to do now, thank you guys!