MSI Ships 3D Multi-Touch All-In-One PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
3D and all-in-ones don't mix very well, the 5730, with its 400SP's can barely drive 2D at that resolution.
Something like 5770 (desktop) would be a MUCH better idea, and frankly, for $1,799 I would rather a 3D + Mobility 5870 over a 3D + Touch + 5730.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
...so it's a few hundred dollars more than an iMac and comes with a Blu-ray drive, USB 3.0, a core-i7 (vs i3), 3D + shutter glasses, and multi-touch. to be fair, the mobile graphics in this thing are likely inferior to the iMac's 5670.

still sounds a little pricey, but not that bad if we are comparing it to apple (time for a refresh?). i'm still just not convinced that i need either 3d (at all) or touch-screen (for non portable devices), although i don't mind the feature.

the older brother of this thing is on newegg for $1300, i think. still am not really interested, but wouldn't mind winning one in a contest or something.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
For 3D movies this would undoubtedly perform well, but it's gaming capabilities seem to be an afterthought. I'm still not interested in the 3D fad and this does little to excite me. I'm also still uncertain what the touch is for. Combining 3D and multi-touch seems to be a bit of a waste unless 3D play and stop buttons are the selling point of this device.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]So when did AMD start offering 3D? Last I checked, only nVidia had 3D support...[/citation]
Perhaps they're using IZ3D or DDD.

eusebe

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
It's been some months that AMD has announced that their 3D solution was "open" to any company who wants to provide 3D matterial (compared to the one of nVidia that is providing its own binoculars).
We finally see some companies following AMD, wich is a good sign

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
who cares about the 3d, I think it would be absolutely amazing to have an all in one with a small battery, like just enough to easily move from the kitchen to a bedroom/office/kitchen without cutting power. They could easily toss a 1 or 2 cells in there to give 10 minutes of move time w/out much brainstorimg. Or i guess you could always monkey rig an APC UPS with zip ties or something :) (if theres is one out there already, no need to freak out, i've just not seen it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.