MSI Smart tool not wanting to boot Win7 installation

diamondpumpkin1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018
I recently got my new build which runs amazing, but of course Microsoft would be the the way they are and discontinue support for Windows 7. Even though Windows 10 isn't good. I've installed MSI Smart tool and burned my Windows 7 64bit home Premium (yes it's legit) on to my SanDisk 64GB USB. I go to boot from the USB and get this BSOD. I do have NVMe Drives however I selected add drivers for NVMe. I also tried it with and without RAID drivers even though I'm not using RAID. I'm currently running Windows 10 64bit.

diamondpumpkin1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018

It loads the windows files, it crashes mid way through the windows 7 animation. I'm reburning the ISO and trying via USB 2.0.

Edit: Still doesn't work, even tried adding drivers after the initial ISO burn.

diamondpumpkin1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018
Alright, I've gotten things to work. I first attempted to uninstall my second NVMe drive (Sk Hynix PC300 512GB) thinking it didn't have drivers, I wasn't wrong but this alone didn't fix my issue. I also had to go into BIOS and switch the PCI configuration from 4x4x4x4 to 16x. After that, Win7 installation menu successfully popped up with my Samsung Evo 970 1Tb ready to be installed. Naturally Windows 10 sets it as GPT so I now have to move my files off and set it to MBR before I can install Windows 7.

diamondpumpkin1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018
I've managed to get past the installation, however when I try to boot from the drive I just installed Win7 on it gives a split second BSOD and reboots. I tried recording it in slow motion and that barely worked. I'm probably going to just install 10 on the NVMe drive and set it to minimal.