News MSI Spatium M570 Pro PCIe 5.0 SSD Tops 14.1 GBps as Launch Approaches

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Spatium Pro hope to be not too expensive !
I hear you, but if the 2TB "non Pro" is $349, then you have to imagine the Pro series will easily be anywhere from $50-100 more.

Can't imagine, once the Pro releases, that it will take over the pricing of it's counterpart for these early adopter models.

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
Eh... Space as such isn't necessarily the issue for a SSD cooler, when one has an AIO for the CPU (instead of an air cooler tower). But if this particular SSD cooler expects air clearance on the side of the GPU, then it wouldn't be an option on my current MB.

And it shows that the standard MB size is arguably starting to be too small. Currently it still works. E.g. I have two M.2 slots inbetween MB and GPU, and a Gen3 SSD works fine enough there (with the case offering the option to mount vents at the bottom). But a Gen4 SSD might have a heat issue there even with a (thin) heatsink, in particular as GPUs themselves seem to move towards emitting more heat. So, in a arguably not that far future, when some may want to mount 2 or more Gen5 SSDs, the current MB designs seem to fall short in such regard. Which makes me wonder what an improved MB design could look like if one wouldn't want to go only E-ATX...