[SOLVED] MSI Swapped my 1080ti?

Jun 1, 2019
Hello there, I've had a problem on my computer for the past 5-6 months, stuttering from here to mars so thought it was my GPU, I sent my 1080ti to MSI Canada for a check up since I still had my warranty so after a couple days of waiting they emailed me saying that my GPU was tested bad and they will be giving me a new one so I was extremely excited at first then today when I received it, I opened the box and thought "that's not a 1080ti" so I took of the static bag and turns out it was a rtx 2060 super which is kind of slower than my 1080ti from 20-30fps (you can also see the price difference) let alone when I tested my games this morning I was still stuttering which wasn't the card's problem... so what do I do now I am so mad and want at least a 2070 super or my card back ...

I was wondering though, is it normal that msi gave me a 2060 for a 1080ti or they just thought my card was a 1080 ?

Solution
I've heard of people not getting the same model back if their card isn't in stock. But usually it's at least an equivalent performer (or better) of the same or newer generation.

If I were you, I'd be "politely" informing MSI of what went down here. Even though there are some grey areas of what's considered "equivalent", what you got is not acceptable.
2070 Super = 1080Ti (or thereabouts)
I've heard of people not getting the same model back if their card isn't in stock. But usually it's at least an equivalent performer (or better) of the same or newer generation.

If I were you, I'd be "politely" informing MSI of what went down here. Even though there are some grey areas of what's considered "equivalent", what you got is not acceptable.
2070 Super = 1080Ti (or thereabouts)

Reactions: Richwashere7
Solution
Jun 1, 2019
When I RMA'd my 980Ti I got a 1080(which was fine with me). However getting a 2060S for a 1080ti is a downgrade and should not have happened. I'd be contacting MSI ASAP.
I contacted them and they said they will submit another RMA for me and they'll have to contact the main office to see what cards they have in stock. (I wish they send me a 2080 🙏🏻)