Msi Sword 15in

TylerO17

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey everybody. I have this laptop,

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-sw...-ssd-8gb-memory-black/6464556.p?skuId=6464556

I'm curious if anyone else runs one of these and what's your experience? I dont think I have had mine for even a year yet and I think its dying on me. It would run any game 100fps+ up until a month or so ago. Now in WoW or even minecraft i drop to 1-15 frames (basically frozen) for 10-30 seconds maybe once every 5 or so minutes. Last weekend I went through a series of screen flickers and bsod crashes. I dont really know computers. Not sure what the issue is but I'm thinking I have a $800 lemon. To my understanding its not worth replacing laptop parts but I could be wrong.

Any takes?

It really depends what the issue is. I would watch Temps closely while gaming. See if you have any spikes. You can use chdisk to find drive issues. You could also use the event viewer to determine if any obvious issues show up....

TylerO17

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
It really depends what the issue is. I would watch Temps closely while gaming. See if you have any spikes. You can use chdisk to find drive issues. You could also use the event viewer to determine if any obvious issues show up....
Hey I just downloaded hwmonitor but, whats a high temp in gpu or cpu? im not really sure to watch out for