MSI to Unveil Tegra-based Ereader in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I never used an ebook reader before, but wondering if they ever implemented highlighting and bookmarks with pen notes? Basically what a user would do with a real book. I want to place a bookmark on a page. Highlight a special section. Then write a note on my thoughts. The program would then give you a selection to skip to the next bookmark, or highlighted section, or pen notes.

Koroso

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I believe the new Nook has some note taking abilities as well as highlighting built in, thats partly what caught my attention. That and being able to click a word and pull it up in a dictionary right off the nook was kinda cool

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]I never used an ebook reader before, but wondering if they ever implemented highlighting and bookmarks with pen notes? Basically what a user would do with a real book. I want to place a bookmark on a page. Highlight a special section. Then write a note on my thoughts. The program would then give you a selection to skip to the next bookmark, or highlighted section, or pen notes.[/citation]

I think most ebook readers allow you to make notes etc., in the margins as well as bookmark certain sections.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]I never used an ebook reader before, but wondering if they ever implemented highlighting and bookmarks with pen notes? Basically what a user would do with a real book. I want to place a bookmark on a page. Highlight a special section. Then write a note on my thoughts. The program would then give you a selection to skip to the next bookmark, or highlighted section, or pen notes.[/citation]

I like this idea especially for school books... (writing in it something you where never supposed to do to a real book lol)

But this sounds like it might be an Ebook reader with some video or maybe games ability thrown in.

Gives me a good idea for the next version of children's books put a touch screen on it and some nice color and maybe it could read the book aloud too.... I can see something like that from Playschool hmmm probably leapster already has something like this lol

G

Most likely advanced PDF support, a Windows CE or so, with support for USB devices, audio and video playback ability, reading of .doc, .txt, and perhaps even .avi when it would have PixelQi's screen.
If it has a basic E-ink screen, it would need to have some sort of webcam, audio and external monitor connection to do something with the extra computing power.

But it would be cool if it could also support compressed text and html (.zip/.bz/.rar or .7z/.tar). That would be awesome!

G

I second the idea of write and/or speech recognition on the device.
Perhaps even an audio reader of text formats.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
OK but from what I am seeing they are all using different formats. Amazon vs MSI vs Sony vs, how many formats are they going to do. If they standardize it I may look at them, until then, no thanks.

sgdidache

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
GPS and map navigation ala Google Map? That would make it worth bringing around for all travels. Tag line: get lost in the (book) world without getting lost.

pervert

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Pdf reader, absolutely. Wi-fi, 3g (4g?) not a necessity but usb or sd card a must. The ability to change fonts would be nice also. Color and touch would be the only other thing that would get me interested in a reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.