[SOLVED] MSI Trident for 4k gaming?

bamxyuri

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019
Hello, it would be nice if someone could help me choose whether I should buy an MSI Trident 3 9s6 (1300€) or build a gaming PC from components?
The thing is, that I have built only one PC from components so far. It's working fine, but I need another PC and am still not very confident in buying components. Is it somehow risky to buy components without having a test PC? Or, if the PC has performance issues for example, is it easy find out which component should be replaced?
Anyway, the MSI trident has basically the CPU and graphics card, which I would like to buy for my build and it's pretty small.
But I don't know if I should buy it or not, because in forums I read that it's always better to have a good PSU and CPU cooler and other things. The PSU of the trident is only 230w, is that really enough to power the i7 9700F and GTX 1660Ti?
I am a bit unsure whether this PC would be the right thing for hours of gaming. I would like to play Dota 2 and Paladins in 4k.

kevinburrow

Commendable
Mar 17, 2020
Can you post a link to the PC? And which country are you from?

As long as you're confident putting stuff together it's always better to build :)

That PSU sounds pathetic, to put it mildly. I wouldn't bother thinking about 4k gaming with that GPU, you'd be better off getting the best 1080p you can, or maybe 1440p at a push if you can get a slightly better card.

Last edited:

bamxyuri

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019
Can you post a link to the PC? And which country are you from?

As long as you're confident putting stuff together it's always better to build :)

That PSU sounds pathetic, to put it mildly. I wouldn't bother thinking about 4k gaming with that GPU, you'd be better off getting the best 1080p you can, or maybe 1440p at a push if you can get a slightly better card.

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_msi-trident-3-9s6-2644687.html

Why do you think I can't play Dota 2 4k or Paladins 4k with a GTX 1660Ti? I don't want to play the newest battle royale shooters or whatever, just Moba type of games. Or do I really need 8gb of vram/an rtx card even for that (considering 4k resolution and only 60hz cause I don't need more).

Or do you mean that this PC doesn't have the same peformance as a normal gaming pc, with a better PSU and CPU cooler?

bamxyuri

Prominent
Jan 29, 2019
TBF on thoser games you might get away with it, but you can do a lot better for the price and you won't be playing those games forever. Is that price in euros?

Yes the MSI trident costs 1300€, but like I wrote, I am unsure whether this PC has the same performance as a 1300€ build from quality components like corsair tx PSU and be quiet cooler and so on. Maybe this PC will have some performance issues after like half a year or so.

Can you maybe recommend me a build from some site, which would be in the same price range and with which I would get smooth 60fps in those Moba games (in 4k)?