MSI Twin Frozr III Power edition high temps?

oldhairyone

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
I'm using the bundled Afterburner software to read the temps. I have it at stock speeds (770mhz core, 1540mhz shader, 2000mhz memory) and in games such as Witcher 2, Far Cry 2 and Deus Ex:HR it reaches temps into the low eighties sometimes, but mainly around mid seventies (degrees centigrade). Is this safe/normal? I want to buy a second to SLI, but I am worried that it might increase temps too much on top of this.

Idle temp is 32 degrees centigrade.

What can I do to help?

Thanks in adavance :D

you havent said which model of MSI Twin Frozr III Power edition--i am guessing its a gtx 570 by the 770mhz core speed

32c idle seems reasonable my asus direct cu gtx 570 idles at 32c--but its overclocked to 860mhz core and 1050mhz (4200mhz) memory--it hits the 70 s in deus ex human revolutions with all settings at maximum on 1920 x 1200 resolution

a second will definately put up your temperatures as one card blocks the other--also will need a hefty psu--and not all games work well with sli

personally i dont see the need for more than one--human revolution at the above settings with vsync disabled gives me well above 100fps and dont think there will be many games soon that these cards cant handle

oldhairyone

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Yeah it's the 570 haha.

So you're saying the temps are safe? Just did a test, and overclocking to 860 core keeps the idle at 32 on mine as well.

And I was thinking about SLI so I can play Battlefield 3 in all its glory.

looks fine to me--as far as i remember 97c is the max temps for these cards--if it got close to 90c i would increase the fan speed--those temps for me are with the fans at low speed--under 27% as the pc is in the froont room i try to keep the noise of it down--what fan speed are you using

oldhairyone

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Yeah it's really really loud. I have an NZXT Phantom with a 200mm exhaust fan on top, a 120 exhaust on back, two 120 intakes on side front and a 140 intake on front.

case cooling should be okay then--the temperatures in themself are ok but not the fan speed--maybe try setting your own fan profile in afterburner

i actually considered that card but ended up going for the asus even though its a triple slot monster as there were a lot of people on the net saying their frozr fried overclocking when they Disabled power limit + OCCT --the asus card has that removed and a 6 pin + 8 pin connector

oldhairyone

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
Awesome. Also, I just overclocked my i7 to 4.4 ghz from 3.4 and I think it may have lowered the load on the GPU. Is that possible?