MSI U110 Eco: Netbook with ATI Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedipper

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
It's about time. AMD graphics and chipsets are not only low power consumption, but they're also damn powerful. I think "780g" is all one must say.

w4ffles

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Cost is too much. You can get a real laptop for $400~$500.[/citation]
Show me a $500 laptop that can run 6-9 hours on a single charge while surfing the web or watching movies.

G

there have been other netbooks and umpc's/MIDs created with the poulsbo chipset. But what I heard is that the poulsbo chipset is a slightly downtrimmed GMA945 chipset, on a smaller die.
It has only little support,and also appears to be pretty buggy!
That's why most companies avoided the chipset.

9 hours idle time could very well be upto 4,5 hours of running a program,or 3-4hours running a 3D game.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
Unless the HD3200 is a complete strain on the battery, I highly doubt you would get less than 6 hours just running programs. Most laptops under 700 do not have dedicated graphics and utilize Intel's gma 4500, which is slower and cannot decode 1080p movies. This is definitely a step up, I just wish Intel had more support for the Ion platform (who knows when or if well see it).

Status
Not open for further replies.