Question Msi Ventus RTX 3080 high temperatures

Apr 5, 2024
Hi!
I have an MSI Ventus rtx 3080. I am a little concerned about its temperatures. I was running a furmark test on the gpu and following are the results. All the settings in geforce experience and msi afterburner are default.
Are these temperatures fine or concerning.

Gpu Temperatues. 80 Degrees
Memory Temperature 94 degrees
Hot spot 100 degrees

Clocks
Graphics 1425MHz
Memory 9502 MHz
Video 1365 MHz

Utilization
GPU 98%

Power
GPU 308W
Voltage 0.744V

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is about right where the GPU would self throttle as it seems to be doing. TGP is 320W, so it is holding it self back a little.

83 on the GPU is the typical throttle point. 94 for memory is acceptable.

Hotspot at 100 seems to be in check, but more wouldn't be advisable, but that is what the throttling is for.

Might be time for a re-paste or at least a good cleaning of the heatsink. Increasing airflow in your chassis may help as well. But I would call that working as intended for 98% utilization.

Reactions: Venom142
Apr 5, 2024
I am mostly using it for 3D Rendering where under 98 percent utilization it remains aboy 73-77 degrees at base and 95-97 degree hotspot, memory remains under 90-87 deegrees with a tdp of 250Walt. Is it fine?

Apr 5, 2024
also if you can tell me the maximum temperature limit for this specific 3080 model then it will be a lot helpful for me. by the way thanks for your answer

Most video cards are designed to work up to 95C using the "GPU temperature" reading before they drop everything to dial things down. That doesn't mean they're in any danger of being damaged per se, it's still well beyond the point of no return for silicon semiconductors. So it's fine.

If this temperature bothers you still, the only thing you can do, outside of investing in a better cooling solution, is bump up the fans on the video card and case.