MSI WindBox Dismounted, Teased at CeBit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hothr

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
No HDMI? No digital audio output? No DVI? I wanted to put one of these on the back of a LCD TV and stream video. Many TVs don't have a VGA input. I guess I'll have to wait for the next version.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
The only LCD/Plasma I have seen without a VGA port is made by Panasonic. Most other manufactures do include the VGA port (Sony, Samsung, Vizio, AOC, Viewsonic, Mitsubushi, Pionner, etc.) Even most of the private label LCDs include a VGA port. Alternatively, some manufactures will include a DVI port which will accept analog (vga) or digital.

Pricing on this unit would be appreciated since I have a few LCDs laying around that could be converted to Digital TVs.

Also, what's with the title of this article.. there is no teasing from what I read of the article, just the models didn't have a clue what the reporter was asking about.... hardly teasing in my books...?

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Hothr[/nom]No HDMI? No digital audio output? No DVI? I wanted to put one of these on the back of a LCD TV and stream video. Many TVs don't have a VGA input. I guess I'll have to wait for the next version.[/citation]

That was exactly what I would say, is a HTPC oriented version coming out? Tomshardware plz ask MSI, analog 5.1 output woulds also be nice :p

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]The only LCD/Plasma I have seen without a VGA port is made by Panasonic. Most other manufactures do include the VGA port (Sony, Samsung, Vizio, AOC, Viewsonic, Mitsubushi, Pionner, etc.) Even most of the private label LCDs include a VGA port. Alternatively, some manufactures will include a DVI port which will accept analog (vga) or digital. Pricing on this unit would be appreciated since I have a few LCDs laying around that could be converted to Digital TVs.Also, what's with the title of this article.. there is no teasing from what I read of the article, just the models didn't have a clue what the reporter was asking about.... hardly teasing in my books...?[/citation]
Well true. But just because the tv does have a vga input doesn't mean it's the best choice. For a cheap lcd it's kinda irrelevant, but even the average quality panels show better colors and in general a better image using a dvi cable. I don't know about hdmi though. But if your tv has dvi, you'd want to use it. But I suppose a version with an ion inside will be available at some point, so you'll get your connectors in the next generation I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.