Question MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max with Ryzen 5600x red lights

gladiatorza

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
I just installed a Ryzen 5600x on a MSI X470 Gaming plus max and the PC doesnt boot, just powers up with fans spinning and no video. I get some red flashing lights:
  1. Constant red light on the DIMM slot where my RAM is installed.
    1. I've read this is normal to indicate that a stick is installed correctly.
    2. I tried moving it to other slots, no difference, red light on every slot i tried.
  2. Long (5sec) red flashing light on EZ Debug for CPU & GPU, they alternate flashing, first CPU for 5 sec, then goes off and VGA for 5 sec, and back again to CPU.

I know its not the PSU, i tried two different ones. Any idea what a long red flash on ez debug is for MSI x470 gaming plus max.
Thanks

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I just installed a Ryzen 5600x on a MSI X470 Gaming plus max and i get some lights:
  1. Constant red light on the DIMM slot where my RAM is installed.
    1. I've read this is normal to indicate that a stick is installed correctly.
    2. I tried moving it to other slots, no difference, red light on every slot i tried.
  2. Long (5sec) red flashing light on EZ Debug for CPU & GPU, they alternate flashing, first CPU for 5 sec, then goes off and VGA for 5 sec, and back again to CPU.

I know its not the PSU, i tried two different ones. Any idea what a long red flash on ez debug is for MSI x470 gaming plus max.
Thanks
Did you update to the latest BIOS?

gladiatorza

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
The motherboard doesn't support flashback, so i cant do it without a working CPU. Though the serial no. on the box says the firmware should be from Feb 2021 which has support for Ryzen 5600x.

Thanks