Dec 28, 2019
Hello,

So i have build a new system

Msi x470 gaming plus
Amd Ryzen 2700x + wraith cooler
Asus RTX 2070 super dual OC
Samsung m2.0 500gb
BALLISTIX BLT2K8G4D32AET4K 16gb ddr4 3200

So after first plug in i noticed that my Cooler on cpu was behavioring strangely it started the lights spinned a lil bit, then then turn of. I was able to post and get to bios.
so after that i restarted the pc and the problem started.

after that i get no post, the cooler fan dont spin, no rgb lightning also. No post. Tried everything, assembled everything out of the case, same result. tried every single solution. The fan simple just doesnt spin.
does the fact that the fan doesnt spin causes problems with the post?
So now what should i do? Replace the motherboard? The cpu?

im getting out of ideas and frustrated.

Solution
No. However, try connecting the CPU fan to a case fan header for the test. This way, the fan would be powered and you'd also be able to see if it's a CPU cooler issue or else.
Dec 28, 2019
And does a cpu cooler not working is enough to prevent a post from the mobo? I recall seeing Linus doing a post without a cooler on the cpu. But was a long time ago. Maybe new mobo have somo protection against it?

Dec 28, 2019
So, i tried every single way. And i cannot make any fan connected to the mobo to spin. I tried in every slot available. Pump fan, cpu... the rgb leds are on on every single component. Gpu, ram rgb, the psu ( thermaltake thoughpower 650w ) also. But no fan spin, no post. Red lights on ram and cpu (ez debug light). So i guess i should return the mobo right? I can go there right now and replace it for an Gigabyte aorus x470 ultra gaming. Any thoughts??

Dec 28, 2019
Im going there right now. I was talking with a friend yesterday, he sais that he had problems with msi gpu and msi mobo before. I was ceptic and kinda defended msi. How naive i was... 😂

Dec 28, 2019
Hello again so I got to the store, bought some good thermal paste cause i don’t know what’s going in AMD head but the thermal paste that comes with the wraith cooler it’s good, for super glue 😂 So I returned my mobo and got a new one from gigabyte (aorus x470 ultra gaming) and guess what everything is working now. Just finishing some cable management and good to go.

Thank you for the fast answers if I can give something back to you just say (some random Steam game or like a 1 month Microsoft pass just send me a pm have plenty of things to giveaway can give it to someone who really helped. )

Sincerely
Pedro