MSI x79a-gd45 (8d) xeon support

AmonRatPC

Honorable
Jun 28, 2016
Hello,
I've recently purchased some chinese x79 motherboard and a xeon e5 1650 v2 so i could upgrade from my amd fx 8320e. Anyways i managed to brick the bios on that board and had to get a new one. I've now pruchased the above mentioned motherboard but when I insterted the mentioned cpu into it the board did not post. I have checked the support and yes i know that officially under there they do not specify this xeon. I also had a spare e5 2609 and to my surprise that cpu also wasn't supported! Anyways I think the issue here is that the bios is not up to date and that I would need to update it so that my xeon can work, and I came here to ask if my suspicions are correct. If not, would it be possible to mod the bios so it can support the xeon e5 1650 v2? I'm sure that this xeon should work because a few people have managed to benchmark this cpu in this board. Also i don't see why it wouldn't work. Any help is welcome.

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from AmonRatPC : "MSI x79a-gd45 (8d) xeon support"

AmonRatPC

Honorable
Jun 28, 2016

Is there no chance, even if i upgrade the cpu will work in this motherboard? If so how did other manage to make it work, because i really dont want to return the item and go on an adventure finding another affordable x79 motherboard,