MSI Z170A Krait or Gigabyte Z170X gaming 3?

havocgr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Been trying to decide between these 2 mbs a week now and cant.I am going to use a I5 6600k and a gigabyte gtx970 gaming, and 4 HDs and 1 ssd.I dont want to consider an Asus mb since the reason I am upgrading is my crappy asus mb(P6T), and my previous asus mb was acting up all the time too.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Solution
The Z170x Gaming 3 is probably the better choice. Offers better support for components, better quality materials and stronger PCI slots.
The krait relies more on buzzwords and gimmicks to sell itself, such as 'Optimised for steelseries gear' (nothing to do with motherboard itself) and 'DDR4 memory boost'.
The Z170x Gaming 3 is probably the better choice. Offers better support for components, better quality materials and stronger PCI slots.
The krait relies more on buzzwords and gimmicks to sell itself, such as 'Optimised for steelseries gear' (nothing to do with motherboard itself) and 'DDR4 memory boost'.

Solution

havocgr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

havocgr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for the response ;) It seems the msi has good pci slots too, and that memory protect thing, but horrible sata slots (upward ones).I am not really interested in all the sound gimmicks the gigabyte has , but it looks like it has better quality materials as you pointed.

My problem with MSI motherboards is that they tend to cut corners on most stuff, and sell it with a gamer aesthetic and just about everything else standard.

TRENDING THREADS