Question MSI Z490 MPG stuck on CPU LED intermittent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2023
I've been having issues intermittent mobo stuck on cpu led every 2 weeks when turning on pc. Then force the power button to turn off, turn it on again and everything works normally for several days.
I'm using the latest version of bios on the site and I've tried with a previous version and the problem persists.

Any tips?

My configs:

Bios settings for 3200 mhz :

DRAM = 1,35V

IO = 1,094V

SA = 1,202V

i7 10700k

MSI Z490 MPG PLUS - Bios A.C0 lastest Version
RTX 3060 GALAX
XPG PYLON 750W PSU

4X ADATA XPG D1 3200 MHZ

Lutfij

Titan
I'm using the latest version of bios on the site and I've tried with a previous version and the problem persists. + MSI Z490 MPG PLUS - Bios A.C0 lastest Version
If you've verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest successfully, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the CMOS battery and then go back into BIOS, see if the issue persists.

XPG PYLON 750W PSU
How old is the PSU in your build? In your current state(without clearing the CMOS), does relocating to another wall outlet exhibit the same issue?

Feb 4, 2023
I'm using the latest version of bios on the site and I've tried with a previous version and the problem persists. + MSI Z490 MPG PLUS - Bios A.C0 lastest Version
If you've verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest successfully, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the CMOS battery and then go back into BIOS, see if the issue persists.

XPG PYLON 750W PSU
How old is the PSU in your build? In your current state(without clearing the CMOS), does relocating to another wall outlet exhibit the same issue?

psu i have 1 year( warranty yet), pc is connected on senoidal nobreak ts shara 2200va

Feb 4, 2023
psu i have 1 year( warranty yet), pc is connected on senoidal nobreak ts shara 2200va

I took my usb microscope and investigated the processor socket with it, I found this piece of paper from the image and removed it, could it be that it was the cause?

20230219-18-27-19.png

Feb 4, 2023
Remove that debris using a tweezer and be careful not to bend any pins. Once removed inspect the entire socket for any bent or broken socket pins.

already removed, inspected with the microscope and did not find any bent or broken pins.
I'm hoping it's just that and I don't have to buy another motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.