Question Msi Z490 with 4 ram slots not work in above 2666 frequencies ?

Feb 4, 2023
I have this configuration:
I7 10700K, MSI Z490 GAMMING PLUS MPG with lastest BIOS VERSION, 4X ADATA XPG Z1 3200 MHZ

I installed 4 memory sticks adata xpg z1 3200 mhz of the same model and frequency, however I don't have video and the bios always accuses overclocking failure. I've tried xmp, 1.35 volts and 3200 mhz manual and nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me I appreciate it.

I reset the bios several times with no success.

Before I used 3x adata 3200 z1 and a crucial balistix 3000 and both at 3400 mhz o.c and I had no problems after 6 months, but for a few days now, randomly when I turn on the computer I get the cpu led stuck. So I decided to buy another adata module and use them all the same

I have this configuration:
I7 10700K, MSI Z490 GAMMING PLUS MPG with lastest BIOS VERSION, 4X ADATA XPG Z1 3200 MHZ

I installed 4 memory sticks adata xpg z1 3200 mhz of the same model and frequency, however I don't have video and the bios always accuses overclocking failure. I've tried xmp, 1.35 volts and 3200 mhz manual and nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me I appreciate it.

I reset the bios several times with no success.

Before I used 3x adata 3200 z1 and a crucial balistix 3000 and both at 3400 mhz o.c and I had no problems after 6 months, but for a few days now, randomly when I turn on the computer I get the cpu led stuck. So I decided to buy another adata module and use them all the same
try to copy all the timings of the 3200 Z1, then apply it universally. this could happen on outdated intelME firmware too (i've experienced it), so you need to update the intelME firmware (not driver, but firmware)

Feb 4, 2023
try to copy all the timings of the 3200 Z1, then apply it universally. this could happen on outdated intelME firmware too (i've experienced it), so you need to update the intelME firmware (not driver, but firmware)
where can i find this intel ME firmware?
Do you have any tutorials that you can point out please?

Feb 4, 2023
Tool Started 04/02/2023 23:11:28
Name: GILMAR-PC
Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Model: MS-7C75
Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Tool Stopped

try run this first and give a screenshot here (need to determine which me version you are on).
Sem-t-tulo.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Koekieezz
Feb 4, 2023
try run this first and give a screenshot here (need to determine which me version you are on).
in the ms site bios download section , i see tow downloads wich means ME update, may be this?
my bios updat to lastest version, i not remenber updated any this version mentioned bellow.

my motheboard accept roolback any bios version,i can try update my bios and set manual frequency of my memorys in the bios?

ME.png

in the ms site bios download section , i see tow downloads wich means ME update, may be this?
my bios updat to lastest version, i not remenber updated any this version mentioned bellow.

my motheboard accept roolback any bios version,i can try update my bios and set manual frequency of my memorys in the bios?

ME.png
You could say that but updating ME itself it's actually easy, but mostly iam more curious what VCCIO and VCCSA voltage you did have on that OC? you need to increase VCCIO and VCCSA before doing so (i use 1.180 on VCCIO and 1.2 on VCCSA, to obtain stable 2x8GB 4133 C18 tightest subtimings in 10105F)

Feb 4, 2023
Você poderia dizer isso, mas atualizar o ME em si é realmente fácil, mas principalmente estou mais curioso para saber qual voltagem VCCIO e VCCSA você tinha naquele OC? você precisa aumentar VCCIO e VCCSA antes de fazer isso (eu uso 1.180 em VCCIO e 1.2 em VCCSA, para obter subtempos estáveis de 2x8GB 4133 C18 em 10105F)
[/CITAR]

I not changed this parameters, only dram voltage to 1.35v and 3200mhz

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023
yes you need to try to bump voltage, remember the more ram it took, the more stress on IMC will receive. so yeah better play with those voltage first. then stable test it using Kahru or TM5 with Absolut config from anta777
[/CITAR]

I changed vccio, vccsa, 1.36, 1,37 and get overclock fácil. I update ALL BIOS version sequentialy under last version and i get msg vulneable Pc into Intel ME test tool

Feb 4, 2023
yes you need to try to bump voltage, remember the more ram it took, the more stress on IMC will receive. so yeah better play with those voltage first. then stable test it using Kahru or TM5 with Absolut config from anta777
i adjusted for values:

VCC SA = 1.2
VCC IO = 1.1
DRAM VOLTAGE = 1.36V
DRAM = 3466MHZ

tested into OCCT( 10 MINUTES, 99% MEMORY IN USE, 100% CPU USE), TESTMEM - FINISH TEST WITHOUT ANY ERROS OR FREEZES

theses voltages are perfect and secure?
Sem-t-tulo.png

You have 3 different ram kits mashed together.
2 modules with Samsung chips, 1 - Micron and 1 Hynix.
All currently running at 3200mhz 17-22-22-38.
Current result seems fine for such different modules.

It might be possible to run them at improved timings 3200mhz 16-20-20-38.

Feb 4, 2023
thats not absolut.cfg, its this one. its heavier and far more accurate.

I had no more problems with blue screen or bsod, however an annoying problem that I managed to have fixed, prescribed.
When turning on the pc, it is stuck on the cpu debug led on the motherboard. This has already been facing a few times, which
I don't have video on the monitors, I don't have the beep from the bios post and I need to force the shutdown and restart again for the pc to work. Have you ever seen anything about or has it happened to you?

I saw many reports of msi z490 with this type of problem and no solution.

Reactions: Koekieezz