MSi Z87-G45 , i5 4670k + RAM

Kiowa Sweica

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
would this ram "G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit (F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR)" work with this msi board and the haswell CPU, i cant find any help on msi website, for my board its between this or the asus z87-a mobo. the asus is my first choice but there is only 1 left and cant get out to buy it until tuesday, thanks in advance guys!

Kiowa Sweica

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
ah apparently they sold out yesterday :( i think im going to have to go with the MSi or wait till they ship a new one to the store

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
To many problems in the past with MSI with their mobos, in a couple of instances they knew they had problems with overly tight DRAM sockets (and knew for quite some time) which were causing boot loops, etc and wouldn't let folks know or simply recall the mobos, I spent close to a month helping folks that ran into the constant boot loops that this caused if the sticks weren't really firmly seated (and sometimes that didn't help)...Have also seen more QC issues with MSI than with the big 3 (Asus, ASRock, GB)

Kiowa Sweica

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2013
Hey i actually just took a look at the ASRock z87 Extreme 4 motherboard, and it looks pretty appealing to me and its also in stock and on sale. Wondering if that G.Skill sniper RAM would work with it?