MSI's Motherboards, Video Cards, and More at Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I remember joking about the A75 chipset and SLI but seriously?SLI on an AMD APU system ?What's the point of buying a CPU with Radeon Graphics just to pair it up with 2* Geforce in SLI ?[/citation]
dont have all the money right now, but still want to play SOME games, than once you get the money, upgrade the gpu... serously, even the bad amd cpus can play anything at decent frame rates, and with the whole taking things away from the cpu to run on the gpu, many never need a high power cpu again soon.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
X79 MPower: socket LGA 2011, 8 slot DDR3 max 2400 MHz and 128 GB

Do they even make 16GB sticks of RAM, because you'd need 8?

togan

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Disappointing the GTX 680 lightning is still only 2GB. I need a 4GB version for my 2560 x 1600 display. Replacing my 3GB 580 Lightning whats up MSI??[/citation]

Ya gots ta be waiting 4 da Xtreme Edition!!!!

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I'm running a 4 year old system(albeit a good one) This stuff just makes me drool and slobber all over the place, I'm gonna build a new one soon.Tech jus keeps getting sweeter.... (º¿º )

[citation][nom]enewmen[/nom]FINALLY a Thunderbolt external graphics card solution. I hope to read more about this later.[/citation]
It was in CES in Jan. I heard rumor it will be available in April for around $200-300. April come and gone and I still see no GUS II. I just hope they won't kill the project and their delay is just to do with the lack of thunderbolt equipped laptop on the market now. Otherwise, there will only be the Sonnet expansion chassis which is about 3x as much.

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Nice! That external GPU for Thuderbolt laptops is particularly interesting, putting that Thuderbolt port to good use, if your laptop has one. I'd think it would probably have support for Mac, considering how the recent MacBooks have Thuderbolt ports.

billcat479

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I finally gave MSI a try with their 7950 card. It overclocks like crazy and has very good cooling so I can keep it up with the 7970's. Like the overclocking software and the fan control graph setup so I can fine tune the sucker to keep it at a very dull whisper or a bit of a roar (really not that bad) if the temp gets up to where it needs the extra airflow. This is a good video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.