Question Multi-Monitor: Curved screen with Flat screens

Jan 28, 2019
I currently have two 27" flat screen monitors.
I am planning on buying a third so I can play games across three monitors using Nvidia surround.

I thought it would be really cool to have a curved monitor in the center of my two flat screen monitors.

Would this look strange in any way?
or are there any downsides to doing this instead of 3 flat screen monitors?

I currently have two 27" flat screen monitors.
I am planning on buying a third so I can play games across three monitors using Nvidia surround.

I thought it would be really cool to have a curved monitor in the center of my two flat screen monitors.

Would this look strange in any way?
or are there any downsides to doing this instead of 3 flat screen monitors?

I've fiddled around a lot with various multi screen setups. From what I remember the main thing you need to make a surround setup work is to make sure that the resolution on the joining edges of the screens is constant across all screens.

So for example, you'd have no problem if you have 2 1920 x 1080 flat screens, with a 3840 x 1080 widescreen (assuming you arrange them in landscape). If you tried pairing 1920 x 1080 monitors with a 2160 x 1440 screen though you would have to drop the 1440p screen down to 1080 to enable surround.

The reason for this is to enable a game to run across all 3 at once, the software treats them as a single large display.

Jan 28, 2019
Thank you for the response, I was pretty sure I would need monitors with the same vertical resolution. I will plan to make sure the third screen I purchase will match resolution

Do you think there would be any visual 'weirdness' from having to flat screens with a curved screen?

Thank you for the response, I was pretty sure I would need monitors with the same vertical resolution. I will plan to make sure the third screen I purchase will match resolution

Do you think there would be any visual 'weirdness' from having to flat screens with a curved screen?

Not really, the only thing I would say is you'll have a huge horizontal resolution once this is setup- not all games are configurable to work correctly on such setups (especially older games) so you may find some of your games look a bit odd (then again I guess you should be able to enable / disable on a game by game basis).

TRENDING THREADS