Question Multi-Monitor Troubles Windows 11

c5d

Commendable
Aug 5, 2022
Mainly it's on or with this old Dell monitor I have in Portrait mode, the mouse NEVER does want to act right, doesn't want to suddenly give me any right click options and it's wants to cut the cursor off from half the screen, IDKWTF is going on with this or why it's happening.

I'm on Windows 11 with an MSI Trident 3, then I have an MSI 32" Curved Monitor Samsung 49" Curved Monitor, 27" ViewSonic Touchscreen (Main screen), a Kwumsy K3 touch screen mech keyboard and then the troublesome Dell 24" monitor. Then stupid windows wants to try to randomly without my confirmation switch main monitors to the Dell from the ViewSionic after an update and restart, also the mouse cursor when on the Dell screen is turned sideways, even though it's in Portrait view mode.

So how can I fix this, so hopefully I'll get right click options again.

(I'll comeback with Graphics Card model, and models of monitors after work if needed), also I'm using UltraMon for the easy switch screen menu button to have a window jump to another screen and for the wallpaper management.

It's just gotten to be a real pain sometimes going to open Chrome then it suddenly opens in that monitor on Portrait mode and having no way for some unknown reason to switch the window back over to the main screen ViuewSonic 27" Touchscreen.

I am fixing to charging my setup, they're all laterally laid oiut across a coner makeshift l-desk and get a monitor arm and put the 49" Curved Samsung high up on it, then the 32" Curved MSI then the Kwumsy K3 beneath that and maybe 2 portrait mode Lenovo 27" USB C Monitors.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

As I understand your post there are 6 (six) connected monitors - correct?

Some connected to motherboard and some to GPU?

What video ports and cables are being used?

If you press "WIN" + "P" what setting is being used?

Are you able to access the video card's Control Panel by right clicking an empty area of the desktop and then selecting "Show more options"?

Take some screenshots showing the multi-monitor screens and post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

One way to begin troubleshooting is to remove all but one monitor and determine if the mouse works correctly.

Then add back monitors one at a time and continue doing so until the mouse problem reoccurs - if it does...

May take some trial and error to fully narrow down the root cause.