[SOLVED] Multiple BSOD after installing M.2 SSD

Jan 17, 2022
I'm having problems using M.2 SSD on my machine, it's causing a lot of blue screens, with different errors. The problem started when I bought my first M.2, an XPG S41 TUF SSD, which started to cause several blue screens, I thought that the SSD was broked, and I ended up requesting another one, however the error continued and I preferred to just ask the money back. After that happened, I bought another M.2 from Kingston, to see if it was the compatibility, but the problems continued. Thinking the problem was with the motherboard, I ended up switching my b350m to b550m and it didn't work either. ALl blue screens are different, and I don't know what is the problem, I tried to run some RAM tests and found nothing.

I updated my BIOS for the old and new motherboard, updated all the drivers, and the error keeps going.

I used the M.2 with Ubuntu and the OS froze.

Hardware:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3500x
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Galax
RAM: 2x 8GB XPG Gammix D30
Power Supply: Gigabyte GP-P450B 450W, 80 Plus
SSD: Kingston NV1 500GB, M.2 2280 NVMe
HD: HD 1TB SATA

Check it out all BSOD from today:

db092414-7089-457e-8e5d-de8559b46603.jpg

Solution
I ended up switching my b350m to b550m and it didn't work either.
ALl blue screens are different, and I don't know what is the problem, I tried to run some RAM tests and found nothing.
Did you reinstall windows after changing motherboard?

This exactly is one of reasons, why it is recommended to reinstall windows after motherboard change.

Another thing to check - if ram is running at appropriate settings. Use CPU-Z, show screenshots from spd and memory sections.
PSU could also be a suspect.
I ended up switching my b350m to b550m and it didn't work either.
ALl blue screens are different, and I don't know what is the problem, I tried to run some RAM tests and found nothing.

This exactly is one of reasons, why it is recommended to reinstall windows after motherboard change.

Another thing to check - if ram is running at appropriate settings. Use CPU-Z, show screenshots from spd and memory sections.
PSU could also be a suspect.

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 17, 2022

yes I did, after change the motherboard I need to reinstall the windows on the SSD because the motherboard did not recognize the old boot.

CPU-Z info:

My RAM is 3200mhz, but the config is default in BIOS, so I didn't change it.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022
That shows you have a bazooka your post says a tomahawk?

Did this ram come as a kit or 2 separate sticks?
Is the ram in the proper slots?

Sorry, it's Bazooka.

there are 2 separate sticks and the RAM's are installed in the second and fourth slot, because the cooler is taking up a little more space and I can't install it in the first slot

Last edited: