[SOLVED] Multiple BSOD - Critical Structure, Kernel Security, System Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 9, 2021
Hi Everyone
About two weeks ago i just did some normal windows update installation (windows 10 pro for workstations, Version 20H2) and the day after just when i turned on my pc got blue screen and the stop code was Critical_Structure_Corruption and after restart, my pc didn't boot and the graphic card's fan didn't stop spinning with full speed and i didn't get any output on my monitor. after that i reset my bios and the only change i did in bios was to turn on xmp profile and i assumed the problem was made because of some random issues with windows update.
But just a few days later i got another BSOD and it was again Critical_Structure_Corruption and this happened right after i woke up my pc from sleep but after restart this time pc just booted normally but during the blue screen i heard some noises like something was stuck in a fan and didn't let it move properly but i couldn't find the source.
i guessed it might be some issued with Hard Disk (cause once more the same BSOD happened while i was watching a movie which was located in my hard disk drive and after i moved them to my ssd and watched some other videos it seemed to be fixed) so i tried to move a large file from hdd to my ssd (and also reverse) and did unarchive another file in my hard disk but nothing happened and everything was normal so my last clue was still that it's because of some random windows issue.
But last Day again another BSOD showed up right after i turned on my pc, new error this time Kernel_Security_Check_Failure and then again i heard the noises from pc and the sound source was from my hard. after another restart i just did some chkdsk command for finding errors and if repairing for bad sectors but there were again no issue with the hard disk and couldn't find anything.
after that i tried to do a startup repair but i've got an error that said startup repair couldn't happen and after that i shut down pc.
(link to SrtTrail.txt File : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B3mBhkFUBViRs0ApYogIRlcu32HctMQs/view?usp=sharing)

but today morning i turned it on and another new BSOD issue System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled.
i posted my issue here cause i couldn't guess what caused be the problem this time, i would appreciate if i could get some help here.

my pc config is down below:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 3950X
GPU : RTX 2060 Super (ROG Strix 8GB)
Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix X-570E Gaming
Ram : 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL16 (2x16)
NVME M2 : Auros Gaming 500GB Gen4
HDD : Western Digital Blue 2TB
Power : SilverStone 850w 80Plus Platinum Fully Modular

Edit: i also use a 2000w Stabilizer for pc.

All drivers are up to date and i already tried reinstalling GPU Driver but nothing got better. i got this pc just about 4 months ago and i work as a cg artist and i use 3ds Max and V-Ray the most but i haven't had any issued while working inside these programs
Thanks in Advance again.

Last edited:
Solution
looks at the invisible screenshots... also, wish you stop hitting a U when you type slot, I keep editing it :)

your ram likes wasting your time.

clean install still looks like a move. Painful but I much prefer to have time and do it on own terms after making sure you have a copy of anything you want, than to be forced to do it... although, you are sort of forced but windows still works.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, way back at start you got this file named - SrtTrail.txt - and I said that often leads to reinstalls. it ties into bcd stuff too. Its all boot related files.

many of the sites that say they will fix that error with startup repair want you to download something, I prefer to avoid that.

open command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f and press enter
2 paragraphs will pop up, agree to running at startup, and restart PC.

This can fix startup repair. I have to say I can't ever remember startup repair fixing anything but its nice if it works.

You might want to consider a clean install. It might fix all the weirdness in windows.

Jan 9, 2021
well, way back at start you got this file named - SrtTrail.txt - and I said that often leads to reinstalls. it ties into bcd stuff too. Its all boot related files.

many of the sites that say they will fix that error with startup repair want you to download something, I prefer to avoid that.

open command prompt (admin)
type chkdsk c: /f and press enter
2 paragraphs will pop up, agree to running at startup, and restart PC.

This can fix startup repair. I have to say I can't ever remember startup repair fixing anything but its nice if it works.

You might want to consider a clean install. It might fix all the weirdness in windows.
Yes yes, chkdsk ran normaly and it was all ok. BUT i ran memtest on the other motherboard slot with both ram sticks (tested each one separately) and i got errors on both...
Link to screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WsYFt69K7KR1ktA2CQcRT2C6F-bN0b4m/view?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
looks at the invisible screenshots... also, wish you stop hitting a U when you type slot, I keep editing it :)

clean install still looks like a move. Painful but I much prefer to have time and do it on own terms after making sure you have a copy of anything you want, than to be forced to do it... although, you are sort of forced but windows still works.

Reactions: cg_soli
Solution
Jan 9, 2021

Oh... :censored: sorry for that mistake. yeah i guess i should reinstall windows after all and thanks for the tips till now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
wait, i missed you said you got memtest errors

It appears problem is the motherbaord slot. You have to work around it, I don't think there is anyway to repair it.

Windows is still sick, a reinstall will help but just use the good working slot. PC will work better.

Reactions: cg_soli
Jan 9, 2021
wait, i missed you said you got memtest errors

It appears problem is the motherbaord slot. You have to work around it, I don't think there is anyway to repair it.

Windows is still sick, a reinstall will help but just use the good working slot. PC will work better.
Thanks for all the efforts and helps till now, it’s been two weeks after a windows clean install and and hope never get BSOD again D:

Latest posts