[SOLVED] Multiple BSOD errors Win10 PC

May 22, 2021
Have been having problems for the past several weeks with desktop PC crashing multiple times. Have had it in to repair at a local PC shop, which made it crash less often, but still crashes. Some programs are also crashing regulalry. Looking to get input before I send it back on warranty.

Have had error codes like "PFN LIST CORRUPT" "REFERENCE BY POINTER", "Page Fault in non-paged area" "“IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” "CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT" and many others which change most of the time it crashes. Rarely mentions which application has error, last one was NDIS.SYS.
Have done multiple disk checks (CHKDSK), system file check (SFC) and memory diagnostic. Only been found one hardware error during memory diagnostic, and one SFC error, but after repair there has been none.
Have run multiple virus and malware scans with no results. Done deep scan of SSD.

The repair was mostly updating drivers, removing malware files that was in anti-virus quarantine and turning off ECC on memory (this was probably what triggered error on mem check). My RAM and motherboard dont support ECC, so they just turned it off. They couldn't find any hardware errors.
One relevant thing to mention, last year I upgraded the memory from 16GB to 32GB (from 2 sticks to 4), and changed the hard drive to an SSD, Have been no problems with until now. Only recent program I installed before first crash was HALO MCC.

Link for zip files from dump to analyse, one from very first crash and the latest one.
https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/wp5xQIXP/file.html

Best guess I so far have is that there is a bad spot in the hardware, either in RAM, GPU or SSD. Or possibly a driver install gone wrong, but cant find out which one.
Any help and input is appreciated. Will give more info when requested.

Solution
Unfortunately, I don't have the know how to do it, nor the time or money. I'm guessing best option then is to do a reset/clean install of Win10 and hope that solves the problem. I am not so worried about my files, always keep a backup of files and settings on other drives anyway.
That's smart yes the best way to check if it is windows bigging out is reinstall windows fresh with only the os drive plugged in
Have been having problems for the past several weeks with desktop PC crashing multiple times. Have had it in to repair at a local PC shop, which made it crash less often, but still crashes. Some programs are also crashing regulalry. Looking to get input before I send it back on warranty.

Have had error codes like "PFN LIST CORRUPT" "REFERENCE BY POINTER", "Page Fault in non-paged area" "“IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” "CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT" and many others which change most of the time it crashes. Rarely mentions which application has error, last one was NDIS.SYS.
Have done multiple disk checks (CHKDSK), system file check (SFC) and memory diagnostic. Only been found one hardware error during memory diagnostic, and one SFC error, but after repair there has been none.
Have run multiple virus and malware scans with no results. Done deep scan of SSD.

The repair was mostly updating drivers, removing malware files that was in anti-virus quarantine and turning off ECC on memory (this was probably what triggered error on mem check). My RAM and motherboard dont support ECC, so they just turned it off. They couldn't find any hardware errors.
One relevant thing to mention, last year I upgraded the memory from 16GB to 32GB (from 2 sticks to 4), and changed the hard drive to an SSD, Have been no problems with until now. Only recent program I installed before first crash was HALO MCC.

Link for zip files from dump to analyse, one from very first crash and the latest one.
https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/wp5xQIXP/file.html

Best guess I so far have is that there is a bad spot in the hardware, either in RAM, GPU or SSD. Or possibly a driver install gone wrong, but cant find out which one.
Any help and input is appreciated. Will give more info when requested.
Don't RMA the system yet, couple questions, when you upgraded ram was it just buy two new sticks or a kit of four?

When installing the ssd did you clown the old drive or Start new?

What do you use the system for all together... Long period short period how often is this mainly a gaming PC that is used for movies as well or work

Generally the errors your bringing to light are windows errors because the isa corruption in windows or a key file somewhere.

May 22, 2021
Don't RMA the system yet, couple questions, when you upgraded ram was it just buy two new sticks or a kit of four?

When installing the ssd did you clown the old drive or Start new?

What do you use the system for all together... Long period short period how often is this mainly a gaming PC that is used for movies as well or work

Generally the errors your bringing to light are windows errors because the isa corruption in windows or a key file somewhere.
The RAM was upgraded with 2 sticks, exactly the same kind that was installed from before.
The SSD was cloned. Went through some sort of a file checking system at the pc repair shop where it was installed to verify install.

Use the PC for multiple things; browsing internet, movies, gaming, music, work (mostly 3d design programs). Would say over a long period, its used equally for each activity, maybe not so much work on shorter periods.

The RAM was upgraded with 2 sticks, exactly the same kind that was installed from before.
The SSD was cloned. Went through some sort of a file checking system at the pc repair shop where it was installed to verify install.

Use the PC for multiple things; browsing internet, movies, gaming, music, work (mostly 3d design programs). Would say over a long period, its used equally for each activity, maybe not so much work on shorter periods.
Cloned drives verified or or not with the install crash a lot faster and easierthen people know. Your best bet maybe to pull the os drive out and boot to a protable bootable drive. Like a live Linux USB or some sort or live windows usb I normally have a test windows 10 drive for safety to make sure my systems are running smooth.

May 22, 2021
Cloned drives verified or or not with the install crash a lot faster and easierthen people know. Your best bet maybe to pull the os drive out and boot to a protable bootable drive. Like a live Linux USB or some sort or live windows usb I normally have a test windows 10 drive for safety to make sure my systems are running smooth.
Unfortunately, I don't have the know how to do it, nor the time or money. I'm guessing best option then is to do a reset/clean install of Win10 and hope that solves the problem. I am not so worried about my files, always keep a backup of files and settings on other drives anyway.

That's smart yes the best way to check if it is windows bigging out is reinstall windows fresh with only the os drive plugged in

Solution
May 22, 2021
Didn't work after a few days, so had to untag best answer. Keep getting BSOD errors, including new ones "Attempted write to read only memory", "kernel security check failure".
Since there were done an alrady extensive memory diagnostic and SSD check, would now need to consider other options. I'm thinking either CPU, GPU or motherboard. Don't think PSU failures can give such errors.

Edit! Now GPU driver is not found. GPU is main suspect for now.

Last edited:
Didn't work after a few days, so had to untag best answer. Keep getting BSOD errors, including new ones "Attempted write to read only memory", "kernel security check failure".
Since there were done an alrady extensive memory diagnostic and SSD check, would now need to consider other options. I'm thinking either CPU, GPU or motherboard. Don't think PSU failures can give such errors.

Edit! Now GPU driver is not found. GPU is main suspect for now.
Im sorry i have been slow to responed latlely im dealing with family issues.
Key question where are you seeing gpu drivers not found?

May 22, 2021
Key question where are you seeing gpu drivers not found?
When I started a game after a BSOD crash, it gave an error that this 3d accelerator card not supported. Then went into AMD Radeon software, and it just said it didn't have drivers installed so couldn't even open program. The GPU name didn't show in task manager. Re-installed the software, and works so far.
Also have had several GPU crashes with no error code, just a page to send a log report to AMD.

But I am now also considering there might be a problem with memory after all. Keep seeing now that in Task manager and system information that there's 8.1GB memory reserved, bringing it down 23.9Gb max from 32 installed. So far it has been stable, and startup of PC is much faster when it's 8.1GB is reserved. Will have to check each time PC is on, and make a note if it crashes or not, or startup is slow. Maybe the system in a sense shuts off /isolates the faulty stick?
Can RAM also be affecting the GPU even if the GPU should be somewhat isolated with it's own memory?

When I started a game after a BSOD crash, it gave an error that this 3d accelerator card not supported. Then went into AMD Radeon software, and it just said it didn't have drivers installed so couldn't even open program. The GPU name didn't show in task manager. Re-installed the software, and works so far.
Also have had several GPU crashes with no error code, just a page to send a log report to AMD.

But I am now also considering there might be a problem with memory after all. Keep seeing now that in Task manager and system information that there's 8.1GB memory reserved, bringing it down 23.9Gb max from 32 installed. So far it has been stable, and startup of PC is much faster when it's 8.1GB is reserved. Will have to check each time PC is on, and make a note if it crashes or not, or startup is slow. Maybe the system in a sense shuts off /isolates the faulty stick?
Can RAM also be affecting the GPU even if the GPU should be somewhat isolated with it's own memory?

I recommend using ddu... And starting from there

This video jay goes over how to use it i believe when they troubleshoot the gpu.

View: https://youtu.be/3puInnaG5ok
Please refer to this post

May 22, 2021
Full systems speccs please this sounds like fried vrm's and or lack of stability to system.
Notepad document will all system specs https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/qps7jTr0/file.html
RAM is HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 4x8GB-
Only 1 cable with 6 pin connector to the GPU. Don't see any more sockets on the side.

Have had the computer on now for several hours with one RAM stick being fully hardware reserved. No crashes, no instability and bootup lasting less than 10 seconds. Normally for each time it crashes, it lasts 30 sec. Edit! Got a external drive connected with USB. When the system is unstable, it continuously gives an popup asking what to do with the drive, even I if i click to do nothing. Noticed now that haven't been getting that with RAM being fully reserved.

Last edited:
Notepad document will all system specs https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/qps7jTr0/file.html
RAM is HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 4x8GB-
Only 1 cable with 6 pin connector to the GPU. Don't see any more sockets on the side.

Have had the computer on now for several hours with one RAM stick being fully hardware reserved. No crashes, no instability and bootup lasting less than 10 seconds. Normally for each time it crashes, it lasts 30 sec. Edit! Got a external drive connected with USB. When the system is unstable, it continuously gives an popup asking what to do with the drive, even I if i click to do nothing. Noticed now that haven't been getting that with RAM being fully reserved.
It's sounds like the mixed matched set of ram is the issue. And you can change the reserve amount

May 22, 2021
It's sounds like the mixed matched set of ram is the issue. And you can change the reserve amount
Sorry, took a bit of time to fix and now wanted to give update on how it went. It went back to pc repair on warranty, they managed to find nothing conclusive. But based on crash logs, we determined it was something with the mainboard and not the RAMs themselves or stick matching. Since they were all the same, it would have been impossible to be stick mixing issues according to the repair guy. Possibly VRM issues, or more likely a hardware data bus error between a single RAM slot and CPU (that would explain the RAM reserved issue) or a combination of those and a multitude of other issues.
So a new mainboard (+ new CPU and RAM) was ordered, and then installed by myself (first time building a PC on my own, so now I know how to do that and saved a 100 dollars for not having someone else do it). Been up and running for a week now and have had no BSOD errors. Still have a GPU driver timeout issue, so might be something on the GPU. It's getting very old, so might be incompatibility issues. But its not crashing so I count my blessings. So a new graphic card is in the cards, but with the current market it will probably be while.
There was found nothing wrong with RAM sticks or the CPU after they were individually tested by the repair shop, so planning to sell them second-hand and recuperate some of the upgrade cost.
Thanks for the help.

Sorry, took a bit of time to fix and now wanted to give update on how it went. It went back to pc repair on warranty, they managed to find nothing conclusive. But based on crash logs, we determined it was something with the mainboard and not the RAMs themselves or stick matching. Since they were all the same, it would have been impossible to be stick mixing issues according to the repair guy. Possibly VRM issues, or more likely a hardware data bus error between a single RAM slot and CPU (that would explain the RAM reserved issue) or a combination of those and a multitude of other issues.
So a new mainboard (+ new CPU and RAM) was ordered, and then installed by myself (first time building a PC on my own, so now I know how to do that and saved a 100 dollars for not having someone else do it). Been up and running for a week now and have had no BSOD errors. Still have a GPU driver timeout issue, so might be something on the GPU. It's getting very old, so might be incompatibility issues. But its not crashing so I count my blessings. So a new graphic card is in the cards, but with the current market it will probably be while.
There was found nothing wrong with RAM sticks or the CPU after they were individually tested by the repair shop, so planning to sell them second-hand and recuperate some of the upgrade cost.
Thanks for the help.
The reserved ram ammount is from what windows is allowed to set aside. You can change it by going to run type msconfig go to boot advanced max allotment check and set to like 2gb

TRENDING THREADS