[SOLVED] Multiple BSOD. Need help

Jul 18, 2020
Please help me with this

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amnc9jXg-jkcZ42XCmJVIqy2soU?e=OIZKQ9

On Fri 10/9/2020 6:40:14 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100920-9187-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F3EA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8045A0D3168, 0xFFFFA80B79FE99C0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 10/9/2020 5:01:14 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100920-9203-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFC883CC484, 0x0, 0x1, 0xFFFFF506E96CFA80)
Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 10/9/2020 5:01:14 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8279)
Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFC883CC484, 0x0, 0x1, 0xFFFFF506E96CFA80)
Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.

On Wed 10/7/2020 2:55:27 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100720-8718-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3DDB60)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xA8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8002B4A9E70)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Mon 10/5/2020 8:02:31 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100520-8796-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3DDB60)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x1D, 0xFFFF9209151225B0, 0xFFFF920915122508, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

Solution
is it CPU 6 or test 6?

your cpu only has 4 cores but 8 threads so I couldn't guess what CPU 6 would be. could be a real core or a virtual core.

screenshot of test would have been good.

Test 6
This test stresses memory by using block move (movsl) instructions and is based on Robert Redelmeier's burnBX test. Memory is initialized with shifting patterns that are inverted every 8 bytes. Then 4mb blocks of memory are moved around using the movsl instruction. After the moves are completed the data patterns are checked. Because the data is checked only after the memory moves are completed it is not possible to know where the error occurred. The addresses reported are only for where the bad pattern was found. Since the moves are...
Jul 18, 2020
What are the specs of the PC?

I will get the dumps converted as who crashed almost always blames the process that crashed. I can pretty much guarantee the cause isn't ntoskrnl
What are the specs of the PC?

I will get the dumps converted as who crashed almost always blames the process that crashed. I can pretty much guarantee the cause isn't ntoskrnl
It'a Dell G5 5587
I5 8300H
GTX 1060 MaxQ
16GB RAM 2666mhz
256 SSD
1TB HDD

sfc no errors
Dism no erros
Windows up to date

Thank you

Jul 18, 2020
Have you gone here and let it check drivers?
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-au/product-support/product/g-series-15-5587-laptop/drivers

irq errors are often drivers, in fact most of the BSOD are drivers... but yours are typical. My friends are asleep still I believe.
Yes drivers are updated
I keep getting SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION when I try to update the bios
On Sat 10/10/2020 10:52:21 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101020-11875-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80554CD0F0C, 0xFFFF898CA9E36A50, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Sat 10/10/2020 10:52:21 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x8279)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80554CD0F0C, 0xFFFF898CA9E36A50, 0x0)

On Sat 10/10/2020 10:43:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101020-9671-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFAF148BFA4, 0x0, 0x8D8F, 0xFFFF8B8FD3F8FA80)

On Sat 10/10/2020 10:34:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101020-8812-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: luafv.sys (0xFFFFF8045CECD2C8)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8045CECD2C8, 0xFFFF9D8F982DDF60, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\luafv.sys
description: LUA File Virtualization Filter Driver
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/fdvLynz5/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:100920-9203-01.dmp (Oct 9 2020 - 05:01:14)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: sppsvc.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 31 Sec(s)

File information:100920-9187-01.dmp (Oct 8 2020 - 18:40:14)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Dell_G5_5587_G7_7588_Vostro_7580_1.14.0 (1).exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:100720-8718-01.dmp (Oct 7 2020 - 02:55:27)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: TiWorker.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 52 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:100520-8796-01.dmp (Oct 5 2020 - 08:02:31)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Registry)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)
You can just upload the dump files and link to them from this point on. No need paste results from WhoCrashed on here.

System page: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/dell-g5-15-gaming-laptop/spd/g-series-15-5587-laptop
You are using BIOS version 1.13.0.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Dell_G5_5587_G7_7588_Vostro_7580_1.14.0 (1).exe is the dell bios updating program. It wasn't a cause, it was a victim... just a strange thing to crash?
TIWorker is the WIndows Module installer

you have some unusual victims. I would be tempted to check your ram sticks with memtest as it could be ram. Odd victims can mean they aren't really problems but ram is corrupting things

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

i would have expected there to be newer Killer drivers for internet
Sep 20 2018e2xw10x64.sysKiller PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver

up until a few months ago it would be just a simple matter of me linking to the killer website but they got taken over by Intel and don't seem to support their old stuff anymore. Only the intel stuff.

newest Killer drivers on Dell site are from 2019

gardenman

Splendid
I'm not sure if I got the right ones or not. I know there were 2 old ones in the folder. Please do not mix old dumps with new dumps. Place all new dumps into a new folder each time. Thank you.

Results: https://jsfiddle.net/t7navosq/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:101020-9671-01.dmp (Oct 10 2020 - 10:43:56)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dllhost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:101020-8812-01.dmp (Oct 10 2020 - 10:34:38)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SupportAssistAgent.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 32 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

File information:101020-11875-01.dmp (Oct 10 2020 - 10:52:21)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SupportAssistAgent.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
strange victims continue, dllhost and dell updater (twice)

I don't think its Killer causing it.

256 SSD
1TB HDD
what make are the drives? Might need to run a program like speccy to identify them. Most hardware makers have tests for their own hardware, its why I ask.

all 3 are memory errors, 2 of them mention
FLTMGR.sys
What is fltmgr.sys? Fltmgar.sys refers to a file related to Microsoft Windows file system filter manager. This file is used for making sure that all files on the hard drive stay in their respective locations.
link just for reference, don't buy anything

They also mention bindflt -
The prime role of the file is to bind system file namespaces to a different locale and hide the remapping from the users.
link just for reference

try this as well
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Jul 18, 2020
I'll have the ram sticks replaced. What could be the next probable cause if it's not due to bad ram? I already tried everything, even installing new windows

Colif

Win 11 Master
is it CPU 6 or test 6?

your cpu only has 4 cores but 8 threads so I couldn't guess what CPU 6 would be. could be a real core or a virtual core.

screenshot of test would have been good.

Test 6
This test stresses memory by using block move (movsl) instructions and is based on Robert Redelmeier's burnBX test. Memory is initialized with shifting patterns that are inverted every 8 bytes. Then 4mb blocks of memory are moved around using the movsl instruction. After the moves are completed the data patterns are checked. Because the data is checked only after the memory moves are completed it is not possible to know where the error occurred. The addresses reported are only for where the bad pattern was found. Since the moves are constrained to a 8mb segment of memory the failing address will always be less than 8mb away from the reported address.

https://www.memtest86.com/tech_individual-test-descr.html

really, if cause kept moving around and blaming different things, I would expect caused is ram.

Solution