Question Multiple BSODs/crashes the past month

Sep 13, 2024
Hello,

I have had about 4 BSODs and 1 black screen crash since mid-September. The Event Viewer logs of a few of them are below, along with a Memory Diagnostic for one. And I think the 10/11/24 event was the black screen crash.

Memory Management was the cause of the most recent BSOD, today. Memory Management was also the cause of a at least one other previous BSOD.

My quick google research says it's RAM, but there's a small chance it could secretly be my CPU. I have the dmp files from 4 of the crashes as well, but not sure how to attach them here. I haven't really looked into BSODs in years and years and I thought they could be read in most text document apps, but I guess nowadays you need a special programs to read them? I'm really out of touch with more deep dive hardware/software type of modern troubleshooting.

Any help or input would be appreciated. I'm sure it's just the RAM, but my RAM is relatively new (less than 2 years old), so I'm not sure if that'd be a practical thing to conclude right away w/o testing (especially since it passed one Memory Diagnostic).

My specs are:
OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Mobo - ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 (AM4)
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (Matisse 7nm Tech)
GPU - 4GB GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (MSI)
RAM - 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1799MHz
PSU - SeaSonic 100-240VAC M12ii Bronze Evo Edition 620W
BIOS - P7.40 (American Megatrends)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How are you cooling the processor?

You forgot to mention the make and model of the PSU. Please include the age of the unit as well. BIOS version for your motherboard? Pass on your .dmp files for us to see, possible causes for triggering the BSoD.
not sure how to attach them here.
Host your .dmp file on a file hosting site and then parse on the link for us to see here.

Got a link to the ram kit you're working with?

Sep 13, 2024
Sorry about that. PSU and BIOS updated in the OP to keep things consistent.

My CPU cooling is just the heat sink and 1 tower fan near it (1 other fan is off to the side, more focused on the GPU). Not the best, especially with more and more modern games, with heavy shader usage. My comp runs pretty loud/hot, even tho my fps are fine (60 fps on high) in games like Space Marine 2, Helldivers 2, RoboCop Rogue City, etc. BUT, other modern games like Tekken 8, MK11, Suicide Squad, run quiet w/ the same video settings.

This is the best I could do for now for the dmp files. Google Drive is saying the 3 oldest are unreadable for some reason, but here's 2 from this morning and the others hopefully are fine in a zip file. https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...6o0PM6riqzE_lChF?dmr=1&ec=wgc-drive-hero-goto

Here is my RAM kit - https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-PC4-28800-3600MHz-Ripjaws-16-19-19-39/dp/B07Z45XB3G