[SOLVED] Multiple drive letters on same Memory Card - How to remove unused?

Feb 22, 2024
[Marked as solved per OP's post #4.]

Looking to remove two unused drive letters on a memory card. I was advised to reformat to FAT32 and then after completed, determined this is not an option for 128Gb card. I have reformatted back to exFAT and appears should be OK. What I do not know is how to remove the extra disk labels. Disk management lists Removable and No Media. Still concerned for conflicts. How do I remove Drive "J" and "I" from this memory card?

Screenshot shows the drive letter assignments.

SCREENSHOT

Last edited by a moderator:

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
What options are you greeted with by right clicking on either of those 2?
If you see an option called "Offline", click it. Do so for both of those drive "j" and "i".
However, after marking those as Offline, your memory card stops showing up, youll have to right click them again and select "Online" on both, and find another method.

Reactions: katnotdo

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

List all disk drives: make, model, capacity.

Regarding the screenshot. Expand the window so all drives can be seen (Disk 0 ?)

Post the full screenshot.

Feb 22, 2024
What options are you greeted with by right clicking on either of those 2?
If you see an option called "Offline", click it. Do so for both of those drive "j" and "i".
However, after marking those as Offline, your memory card stops showing up, youll have to right click them again and select "Online" on both, and find another method.
I found an option to remove path. Reopened and no longer show up in the list. Just the valid Drive "H" Will consider this resolved. Thx! (Sorry if marking solved wrong. I could not locate a tick mark.?)

Last edited:

Tinderbox (UK)

Commendable
Feb 22, 2022
Checkout an free app called "DeviceCleanup"

"Device Cleanup Tool is a portable tool that lists all non-present devices and then allows for easy removal"