Question Multiple drives on a single card

May 18, 2024
Hi.
Generally everyone tries to "merge" multiple SSD/HDD-s into single one, but I am looking opposite :)

I am looking for a SSD product, that when installed in a laptop would be perceived as a two separate drives on a BIOS level.
Does such product exist?

Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Those appear to be RAID 0 configurations.

You do not want RAID of any sort.

Why not just partition the existing drive and assign the required drive letters?

Open the Disk Management window.

Expand so all can be seen. Take a screenshot and post the screenshot here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Explain what you are trying to do referencing the screenshot and shown disk configurations.

Reactions: slightnitpick

slightnitpick

Proper
Nov 2, 2023
If this theoretically could be done I imagine it would cause problems as read/writes would conflict with each other. The only way to get this to work without conflicts would be with complex hardware in the SSD itself - basically housing two separate SSDs in the same casing. There's no point to anyone making such a device as it would gain nothing that having two separate SSDs wouldn't already provide, and would have capacity and power disadvantages compared to a single drive.

So I doubt any motherboard manufacturer has created a BIOS that would allow this partitioning at the BIOS level.

So what Ralston18 wrote.