Multiple fans on 1 sysfan header & 7v question

G

Hi there,

I'm building a new pc and have a couple of questions.

I'd like to connect 4 fans on 1 sysfan header via a 1-4 splitter, I also want them connected via a 7v adapter.
I want the fans to spin @ 900rpm and have a low noise level. By the way, I'm not looking for a fan controller, because of a clean front build.
The header has a max output of 1A, the fans (Nanoxia DS 140mm 1400rpm) are rated 0.16A.

Nanoxia_3_Pin_Koeler_naar_4x_3_Pin_Koeler_adapter_30_cm__Splitterkabel@@tqzn84.jpg

Nanoxia_DS_1400_RPM__Case_fan_@@tl9n15_2.jpg

Should I connect the provided Nanoxia 7v adapter connect to the sysfan header and than the 1-4 splitter (1 7v adapter per 4 fans)?
Or should I firstly connect the 1-4 splitter and than 4 times a 7v adapter (4 7v adapter per 4 fans)?

When connected via a 7v adapter, will the current be lowered? As in; 0.16A / 12 * 7 = 0.93A per fan and thus a total of 0.37A?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Solution
Connect the adapter to the mobo first then the splitter. But, why do you need the amperage resistor? What fans are you using? I'd just plug the 4 way splitter into a pwm fan header and go. Pwm fan headers are controlled by the bios and don't have to run at max speed all the time like molex fans.

jwcrellin

Reputable
Connect the adapter to the mobo first then the splitter. But, why do you need the amperage resistor? What fans are you using? I'd just plug the 4 way splitter into a pwm fan header and go. Pwm fan headers are controlled by the bios and don't have to run at max speed all the time like molex fans.

Solution