Question Multiple Issues - PC freezing/driver issues/etc.

Jun 7, 2022
Background: I built my pc a few years back and recently upgraded my old 1080 in favor of a 6700xt. Everything worked fine for about a week until I started getting frame stutters and issues booting. The PC would not boot to windows at all, just a black screen. Occasionally I could get to windows after I would hard reset about a dozen times. I unplugged all usb components but that did not fix. I thought maybe there was an issue with my psu so I upgraded to an 850watt psu (up from 650 watt). This did not fix the issue. I finally took the pc to a repair shop and the tech thought it was the GPU. He was booting fine to windows when he would put in one of his own. I replaced the gpu with a new one and things worked fine for a few days. Now, with my new gpu (6750 xt) I am running into new problems:

1.) My pc freezes quite often. Video will freeze but sound will still play sometimes. Other times my pc just freezes altogether.

2.) My AMD drivers delete after every restart or shutdown. The drivers are gone and when I click on AMD adrenaline software I get the following warning: The version of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver. Please check your system for other versions of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition that may currently be installed. A factory reset of your AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition installation is recommended. More information about this problem can be found at https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300

3.) My pc will not wake up from idle. If I leave my pc for 10 minutes or so it will go into idle and never wake up. Everything will be running by my screen will be black and moving the mouse or keyboard won't do anything.

4.) When I do the UFO test I am also getting a ton of stuttering. My display is a 240hz monitor (ACERAC 27" IPS XB273U). The FPS is fluctuating between 150 - 230 fps every few seconds.

This is the error code
SYNC FAILURE:
Unable to VSYNC. Try closing all apps and browser tabs.

I am kind of at a loss at this point and would appreciate any help I can possibly get. This is infuriating

Edit: Meant to type 750w PSU not 850w

Edit 2: My bios is "auto detecting" my memory to 2133mhz and not 3600. Not sure if this is important or not. I manually changed it to 3600 and still have the issues.

Full Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X
MB: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI AM4 Mini-ITX Motherboard
GPU: AMD RX 6750XT Reference
Memory: GSkill DDR4-3600 CL16-19-19-39
PSU: Corsair SF750 80 Plus Platinum
Drive: Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe

Things I have done so far:
1.) Fresh Windows 10 home install (multiple times)
2.) Updated to the latest drivers of GPU
3.) Updated the latest bios firmware
4.) memtest86 - everything passed green
5.) New PSU
6.) New GPU
7.) Paused all windows updates
8.) ran sfc /scannow and subsequently DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Last edited:

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Go into windows update section of settings and tell him to stop updates for 7 days. Install the right driver by hand. Don't use PC sleep mode, just use auto shutdown of monitors after 15 min or so, and otherwise let the PC be.

Jun 7, 2022
Go into windows update section of settings and tell him to stop updates for 7 days. Install the right driver by hand. Don't use PC sleep mode, just use auto shutdown of monitors after 15 min or so, and otherwise let the PC be.

Thanks, I have already done both of these. Still have the same issues and massive stuttering as well.

Jun 7, 2022
I would run a CMD as admin and do the command "sfc /scannow" and see if it finds any corruption. I would also try turning off XMP and set BIOS settings to default.

Rand the sfc/scannow and got this:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Will try XMP, BIOs has been returned to default multiple times and unfortunately hasn't helped anything

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022

Will try XMP, BIOs has been returned to default multiple times and unfortunately hasn't helped anything
Seems you had a few crashes and it corrupted files.

Please update the BIOS to the newest version and try again. And yes, if you use overclocked RAM, be 100% sure it's stable, you can check with memtest.

Now do this command in an admin CMD, "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

Jun 7, 2022
Also interesting, when I go to my windows settings under device specifications it says I only have 16 GB of RAM.

Edit: Now says 32gb, wasnt seated properly but issues still persist.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022
One issue I am having is stuttering almost exactly every 5 seconds. If I am playing a game it is very noticeable. It is the same frequency I have on the ufo test. Unfortunately, my pc froze when running the memtest. I am on the latest bios version now.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
One issue I am having is stuttering almost exactly every 5 seconds. If I am playing a game it is very noticeable. It is the same frequency I have on the ufo test. Unfortunately, my pc froze when running the memtest. I am on the latest bios version now.
And again I'm telling you, do the bios update. It's not that hard. Put it on a usb stick, boot into bios and go into the update bios menu.

There is a well known stuttering issue with Ryzen that was fixed with a recent bios update.

Last edited:
That could possibly be a short somewhere in the computer. A loose screw, sata data cable not plugged in all the way, motherboard standoff touching the bottom of the motherboard where there is not through hole for a screw. I would rebuild the PC outside of the case in the motherboard box and see if it has the same issues.
/* Edit: it could also be something like desktop backgrounds being changed on a cycle every 5 seconds. Open task manager and sort by GPU use. If anything is spiking the use of your resources every interval when you stutter that program may have some issues.*/

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022
And again I'm telling you, do the bios update. It's not that hard. Put it on a usb stick, boot into bios and go into the update bios menu.

There is a well known stuttering issue with Ryzen that was fixed with a recent bios update.

I should have phrased this better. I had just updated the bios again.

Jun 7, 2022
That could possibly be a short somewhere in the computer. A loose screw, sata data cable not plugged in all the way, motherboard standoff touching the bottom of the motherboard where there is not through hole for a screw. I would rebuild the PC outside of the case in the motherboard box and see if it has the same issues.
/* Edit: it could also be something like desktop backgrounds being changed on a cycle every 5 seconds. Open task manager and sort by GPU use. If anything is spiking the use of your resources every interval when you stutter that program may have some issues.*/

I rebuilt the PC outside of the case, same issue. Built itin a different case and still have the same issue. Nothing is spiking in task manager by gpu use.