[SOLVED] Multiple issues: Unable to get into BIOS or boot, freezing with no bsod/logs

Jul 18, 2022
FX 4300
HIS RX 580 IceQ X² OC 8GB
2x4GB DDR3 (BLE4G3D21BCE1J.8FN and PSD34G16002)
ASRock 970M Pro3
Gigabyte P650B
Kingston A400 480GB
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM010
Windows 10 Pro
VGA Monitor (I use a display port to vga cable)

I initially built my pc in 2017 and it had a nvidia gt 710, a 450 watt corsair psu and one ram stick (BLE4G3D21BCE1J.8FN). After some time i bought a second ram stick (2019) and the rx580 (2020).
I bought the graphics card from some shady guy in Moscow who had like 30 other cards but i did not pay attention to it at that time.
After a month of having the card i started to experience problems with the pc booting up: The fans would spin, i could hear the start up sound through the headphones, but there was no image on the monitor.
I tried several things to fix it and none of them worked:
Bought a new psu
Bought new cables and adapters
Changed screens
Reseted cmos
Run chkdsk, sfc and dism
Reinstalled windows
Reinstalled drivers
Inspected the card, changed thermal paste and thermal pads (It already had one changed by the shady guy)
Reinstalled the graphics card bios

Since then it has became a matter of luck, sometimes it boots up with no issue and sometimes i have to hard reset it 20 times for it to boot up, and it doesnt even show the bios.
Also in the last time i have started to experience sudden freezes, i could be playing for 12 hours straight with no problem and then just freeze when watching youtube with nothing showing in the event logger.
After rebooting i see a message by the amd drivers saying that the settings were reset due to a system error.
I tried running memtest86 in case its the ram, but the thing is that i cant see anything on the screen.

Solution
That system is so old it could be practically anything. It's definitely the right age to start (Or have already BEEN seeing) seeing problems with that motherboard which was a pretty entry level board to begin with, but it could certainly be the shady graphics card you bought (And I'm not sure why you'd bother buying all those other things first when your problems didn't start until after you installed THAT particular piece of hardware) or the PSU, which honestly is a POS and is among several models with serious problems that Gigabyte has released in the last year or two. I'd beg, borrow or buy a different graphics card, even a really cheap one just for testing, and see if you have the same problems using that.

Or, try the graphics...
That system is so old it could be practically anything. It's definitely the right age to start (Or have already BEEN seeing) seeing problems with that motherboard which was a pretty entry level board to begin with, but it could certainly be the shady graphics card you bought (And I'm not sure why you'd bother buying all those other things first when your problems didn't start until after you installed THAT particular piece of hardware) or the PSU, which honestly is a POS and is among several models with serious problems that Gigabyte has released in the last year or two. I'd beg, borrow or buy a different graphics card, even a really cheap one just for testing, and see if you have the same problems using that.

Or, try the graphics card in another system. Either of those should get you going in the right direction.

Solution