multiple logon scripts

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

In usrmgr, how do I assign more than one logon script? I
tried using commas to seperate them and neither script ran.

I would rather not have to manually merge the scripts into
one file.

Thanks.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

Bob Johnson wrote:

> In usrmgr, how do I assign more than one logon script? I
> tried using commas to seperate them and neither script ran.
>
> I would rather not have to manually merge the scripts into
> one file.
>
> Thanks.

The logon scripts are essentially just batch files -
and hence you can call the second one from the first one.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

Thanks for the fast response,

What would the syntax be for calling one script from
another script? Or if you have a good site that explains
all batch file syntax, that would be great too. Thanks
again.

>-----Original Message-----
>Bob Johnson wrote:
>
>> In usrmgr, how do I assign more than one logon script?
I
>> tried using commas to seperate them and neither script
ran.
>>
>> I would rather not have to manually merge the scripts
into
>> one file.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>The logon scripts are essentially just batch files -
>and hence you can call the second one from the first one.
>.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

Bob Johnson wrote:

> Thanks for the fast response,
>
> What would the syntax be for calling one script from
> another script?

If you want to run the second script from the first
one, and then have control return to the first script,
use something like
call secondscript.cmd or
call "C:\path\second script.cmd"

If you are done with the first script and just want to
move onto the second script, just omit the use of call.

> Or if you have a good site that explains
> all batch file syntax, that would be great too. Thanks
> again.
>

I find that using a search engine to find the phrase
"windows NT command reference" does the job everytime.
Easier than searching through my bookmarks :)


>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Bob Johnson wrote:
>>
>>
>>>In usrmgr, how do I assign more than one logon script?
>
> I
>
>>>tried using commas to seperate them and neither script
>
> ran.
>
>>>I would rather not have to manually merge the scripts
>
> into
>
>>>one file.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>
>>The logon scripts are essentially just batch files -
>>and hence you can call the second one from the first one.
>>.
>>