Multiple Monitors Not Working

kylewebb12321

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
I have two screens, one a monitor the other a tv. I use the tv for having discord up, cpu temps, etc. On my main monitor I game and watch youtube. After going to my dads this past weekend (bringing only my main monitor) I come back to my moms and my other tv has no signal. Yet, whenever I am booting into windows the bios screen is on both monitors. Also, whenever I go to display settings and change the resolution to 2960 X 768, both monitors work acting as one monitor it seems. My main monitor is not full screen (The recommended is 1600 X 900) but my tv is a different resolution. If I launch a game it shows on both screens.
I have tried so many things and have watched so many videos but nothing seems to work. What do I do. My graphics card is an msi RX 580 4GB armor oc. My os is windows 10.

Solution
Ok, you have to go to your AMD graphics driver settings and see if you can find the setting that makes your desktop use both monitors. I don't have an AMD card now but I know they had that setting before. You need to make both monitors act independently again.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Ok, you have to go to your AMD graphics driver settings and see if you can find the setting that makes your desktop use both monitors. I don't have an AMD card now but I know they had that setting before. You need to make both monitors act independently again.

Solution

kylewebb12321

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
Thank you for the help man. I found the reason why it didn't work is because I had accidentally turned eyefinity on which made them act as one. Thank you, your answer wasn't the direct answer but it did get me looking. Thank you!