Multiple problems with display after installing new graphics card (Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 550)

carbonweaves

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Hello everyone. Yesterday I received my new graphics card, a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 550. I installed the card and the associated drivers, which I found on the AMD website using their auto-detect system first and then manually locating the correct driver second. Now I am having multiple issues. First off, I tried benchmarking my computer using UserBenchmark, but the program returned an error when testing the GPU: "WARN: skipping Radeon RX 550 Series - unable to locate attached display". I encountered a similar problem when trying to refresh the Windows Experience Index: "Could not measure video playback performance". Second, when I go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display>Screen Resolution, the resolution drop down menu is greyed out, and nothing happens when I click on Advanced Settings.

I have done several things to troubleshoot, many of which I found on this site. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device drivers. I used Display Driver Uninstaller (from Guru3D) to remove all display drivers, old and new, and then reinstalled the new ones. I have made sure to install all system updates and driver updates. Some specs:

Monitor: HP W2071D (connected via DVI)
MOBO: ECS IC780M-A2
Processor: AMD Athlon II x2 265
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (4GBx2) 1333Mhz

Please help, I really don't know what else to do or try. EDIT: I should add that the display itself works fine, I was able to run Kombustor to test the card as well. Afterburner registered GPU activity. ALSO: In Device Manager, the Display Adapters drop-down lists Radeon RX 550 Series.

Solution

That board honestly just may not want to accept that 550. It would not have to do with it being windows 7 pro vs ultimate. Try reseating the card as well as trying...

stmaki16

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2012
Hmmm. Make sure that the mobo bios are up to date. Does the system work and use the graphics card when just browsing? What kind of pus do you have? If you have another pc, try and stick it into that one and see what kind of results you get.

carbonweaves

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for the response. The mobo bios is AMI V02.61/ECSV1.0A, which according to the ECS website is the latest bios offered for the board. I have a 610W Silencer PSU. Unfortunately I do not have another PC to try it on. Could it have something to do with my running Windows 7 Professional rather than Windows 7 Ultimate?

stmaki16

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2012

That board honestly just may not want to accept that 550. It would not have to do with it being windows 7 pro vs ultimate. Try reseating the card as well as trying an older driver for the card, not the most current one.

Solution