Question Multiple random BSOD are driving me crazy

May 19, 2022
Hey guys!

I bought a PC back in November 2020 and it has been throwing random BSOD since day one. At first, I didn't give it any importance, because I thought it would be easy to fix (faulty Windows installation, maybe?), but now I'm desperate because I can't find the cause or a solution.

This is my hardware:

Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x8GB (Mushkin MRA4U320GJJM8GX2)
Kingston A2000 500 GB
AeroCool Aero White 700W

(Keyboard: AUKEY KM-G12
Mouse: Logitech G203
Others: USB type A Xbox-like controller)

With BlueScreenView I can see that all BSOD (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP) were caused by ntoskrnl.exe+3f7d60. This is what the last BSOD looks like, but all the other have the same structure (not sure if relevant):

YO1b3M0.png

Random blue screens happen mostly when doing anything except gaming, though I got some here and there while playing some game as well. For instance, LEGO Batman is literally unplayable for me because I get a blue screen every few minutes into the game. I also remember being unable to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Rufus because a blue screen would randomly appear as well. Browsing the Internet? Random BSOD from time to time.

Here are all the minidumps since my last clean Windows installation in case they can help: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wmyajzd3mqgwfof/AAA4xV9BaLTT5bw_2o3Oe4tza?dl=0 Yes, five BSOD since May 16, which is really stupid considering that I have barely used the PC since then.

This is what I remember I have tried so far with no success at all:
  • MemTest86 to check RAM modules: no apparent issues.
  • Plug in the RAM modules separately in case one of them was faulty: no changes, BSOD kept happening.
  • Plug in the RAM modules in different positions on the motherboard: no changes, BSOD kept happening.
  • Clean Windows 10 installation (downloaded right from Microsoft): no changes at all, BSOD kept happening (not only that, but also got a BSOD right after the clean installation!!).
  • Updated BIOS: no changes at all, BSOD kept happening.
  • Update all drivers: no changes at all, BSOD kept happening.
  • Unplug peripheral devices, just in case: no changes at all, BSOD kept happening.
When I updated the drivers with a third-party app, at first I thought I had fixed it, because I was able to do things I couldn't do before, but the first BSOD didn't take long to appear. Now I'm desperate because I have run out options and I don't know what else to do. I would greatly appreciate your help. Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you!

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
try running Prime95 on PC, it will take a while so running overnight is a smart idea
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html

Prime 95 how to Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

I don't like 3rd party apps, they can make the problem worse.

what are rest of the parts in PC?

Thank you, Colif.

I will try Prime 95 tonight and see what happens.

SSD: Kingston A2000 500 GB
Keyboard: AUKEY KM-G12
Mouse: Logitech G203
I'm also using a USB type A Xbox-like controller. Anything else that you would like to know?

Any suggestions regarding drivers? When I last did a clean Windows installation, I got the first BSOD right after it, so my gut says it is some driver that Windows is installing automatically. What do you think?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have sent dumps to a friend, he will convert them and reply later.

until i see the answer from them, I can't tell.

What power supply do you have?

most Gigabyte Motherboards have a program called App center, you could install it and let it check drivers on motherboard. If you run it, it has a habit of selecting every program it has for download so you need to click a tick in the header row to make it stop (I have a gigabyte MB or I wouldn't know this). So the white dot in the orange header here unselects everything from memory but you may need to do it for each section. You don't want most of this stuff.
mRsxroy.jpg

I believe there is an area for drivers. Its been a year or so since I last used it.

its the top file here - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-1x/support#support-dl-utility

May 19, 2022
i have sent dumps to a friend, he will convert them and reply later.

until i see the answer from them, I can't tell.

What power supply do you have?

most Gigabyte Motherboards have a program called App center, you could install it and let it check drivers on motherboard. If you run it, it has a habit of selecting every program it has for download so you need to click a tick in the header row to make it stop (I have a gigabyte MB or I wouldn't know this). So the white dot in the orange header here unselects everything from memory but you may need to do it for each section. You don't want most of this stuff.
mRsxroy.jpg

I believe there is an area for drivers. Its been a year or so since I last used it.

its the top file here - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-1x/support#support-dl-utility

The App Center showed drivers updates for AMD Chipset, Realtek High Definition Audio and Realtek LAN, so I updated them, and also installed @bios, EasyTune, OnOffCharge2, SIV, RGBFusion and Gigabyte Firmware Update Utility, just in case.

The PSU is a AeroCool Aero White 700W.

why would this be installed:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\LPCFilter.sys Tue Jul 10 17:38:20 2012
what is this:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\lockscr.sys Mon Jan 21 05:10:47 2019
is this from Remote Utilities LLC. ?

debugger could not read bios info. not a good sign for your machine.

the early memory dumps do not have these installed. also, I can read bios info from the early memory dumps.

assume malware infection over various bugchecks

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
why would this be installed:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\LPCFilter.sys Tue Jul 10 17:38:20 2012
what is this:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\lockscr.sys Mon Jan 21 05:10:47 2019
is this from Remote Utilities LLC. ?

debugger could not read bios info. not a good sign for your machine.

the early memory dumps do not have these installed. also, I can read bios info from the early memory dumps.

assume malware infection over various bugchecks

Hi, johnbl.

No idea what those drivers are. I didn't install any driver manually other than NVIDIA GeForce Experience, so both were either installed by Windows Update, after my last clean Windows installation, or Outbyte Driver Updater, which is the third-party app I was talking about earlier. This app updated a lot of drivers that were apparently outdated.

I made a backup of all drivers before uninstalling the app. I can see in the folder a driver called LPCFilteramd64_lpcfilter.inf_{4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, which I guess refers to \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\LPCFilter.sys, and another one called Driver_DDI.NT_lockscr.inf_{4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, which I also guess refers to \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\lockscr.sys. No idea what those are, though.

If you couldn't find those installed in the early memory dumps, I would assume that they were installed by Outbyte Driver Updater. In any case, I got a BSOD right after the clean Windows installation and before I used Outbyte Driver Updater.

I will gladly reinstall Windows again if you want me to. Just let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Outbyte Driver Updater,
its possible it installed it as 3rd party driver updaters can get things wrong.
I can find 2 results for that lockscr.inf file and one is the one John asked about and another is a virus.
Johns result is remote desktop software.

I am not sure what LPC Lower filter driver does - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/drivers/1208/driver

I don't want to 2nd guess John but a clean install without the updater might work. I know you still got a BSOD but its possibly less unknown drivers.

May 19, 2022
its possible it installed it as 3rd party driver updaters can get things wrong.
I can find 2 results for that lockscr.inf file and one is the one John asked about and another is a virus.
Johns result is remote desktop software.

I am not sure what LPC Lower filter driver does - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/drivers/1208/driver

I don't want to 2nd guess John but a clean install without the updater might work. I know you still got a BSOD but its possibly less unknown drivers.
I got a BSOD while reinstalling Windows. Yes, you read that correctly. While reinstalling Windows. I was finishing the initial setup and got the BSOD even before seeing the desktop for the first time. Error was KERNEL AUTO BOOST LOCK ACQUISITION WITH RAISED IRQL.

I created a bootable USB with Windows Media Creation Tool, formatted the whole SSD (meaning erasing all partitions), installed Windows 10 Pro for a change (before I had Home), went through the setup and bam, BSOD.

Edit 1: Another BSOD when I tried to access the Minidump folder. This time it was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Will attach both minidumps in a minute.

Edit 2: Minidumps: BSOD while setting up Windows 10 Pro and BSDO while trying to access the Minidump folder.

Edit 3: Another BSOD (KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR) while using the built-in search feature.

Last edited:
overall, I would guess you tried to install windows on a ntfs drive that was marked dirty and needed to have chkdsk /f run on it or to have it reformated.
and it messed up the installer creation of a pagefile.sys (maybe)
---------
guess I would boot a windows image and run
chkdsk c: /scan
to see if errors reported
chkdsk c: /f
(to fix errors, if found)
chkntfs c:
to see if chkdsk needs to be run. (marked dirty)
-----------
second bugcheck while trying to get minidump:
more interesting:
stack is corrupted but the raw stack shows a file system call just before the crash:
Ntfs!NtfsEncryptionCreateCallback

----------------
oldest bugcheck happened when
sppsvc.exe
attempted to free up virtual memory

this is listed as Microsoft Software Protection Platform
part of the software that checks for a valid license.

also reported as Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner

I don't see why a license check would try to free up pagefile space.
I do see why a bitcoin miner would.

if this happened during install, I would unplug any network connections so the license could not be validated. Or I would make a new install image

reports of this bugcheck due to bluetooth devices. might remove excess devices during the install process.
debugger returned this info for the lock:
*** Unknown owner, possibly FileSystem

debugger did not find any modified windows core files.
does not look like any bluetooth devices are loaded, so most likely not a bluetooth issue.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
bugcheck happened when
sppsvc.exe
attempted to free up virtual memory

this is listed as Microsoft Software Protection Platform
part of the software that checks for a valid license.

also reported as Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner

I don't see why a license check would try to free up pagefile space.
I do see why a bitcoin miner would.

if this happened during install, I would unplug any network connections so the license could not be validated. Or I would make a new install image
A bitcoin miner is a plot twist I didn't expect :ROFLMAO:

How is it even possible? As I said, the Windows 10 ISO was downloaded right from Microsoft using the Media Creation Tool and I didn't plug anything other than the USB stick used to install Windows (also created with Media Creation Tool). Where did the miner come from? The SSD was fully formatted before the last clean installation, as well.

What do you suggest? Maybe I can use my Macbook to download the ISO and create the bootable USB to rule out that whatever the issue is is coming from the Windows PC?

Edit: BSOD (PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA) when setting up AVG to scan the PC. I can upload the minidump if needed.

Last edited:
A bitcoin miner is a plot twist I didn't expect :ROFLMAO:

How is it even possible? As I said, the Windows 10 ISO was downloaded right from Microsoft using the Media Creation Tool and I didn't plug anything other than the USB stick used to install Windows (also created with Media Creation Tool). Where did the miner come from? The SSD was fully formatted before the last clean installation, as well.

What do you suggest? Maybe I can use my Macbook to download the ISO and create the bootable USB to rule out that whatever the issue is is coming from the Windows PC?

Edit: BSOD (PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA) when setting up AVG to scan the PC. I can upload the minidump if needed.
people put up bogus websites to claim everything is malware just to get you to run their tools.
malware can also hide using the names of standard tools. (so i don't know)
I finished looking at the other dumps and added info to the last post.
look at the info for the chkdsk to see if there is an error in the file system
since the drive was formated, it could be a bug in the drive controller drivers or the firmware of the drive.
also, formated ssd you should boot into bios and leave it for a half hour after 5 minutes it runs its internal cleanup firmware and my work fine after that. ie powered on but idle f.or the firmware trim commands to complete. smaller the drive the bigger the problem. it could explain why virtual memory could not be created.

Last edited:
most likely usb malware not your issue:

here is info on how a general usb can be modified by malware:
Most USB thumb drives can be reprogrammed to silently infect computers (pcworld.com)

google rubber ducky usb if you want to buy one and put your own malware payload in it. it used to sell for $50
it works by telling windows it is a keyboard hid and then sends what ever commands you want to send to windows

here is a wifi enabled usb keyboard injector:
New usb rubber ducky WiFi HID Injector tool | eBay

old versions of usb malware just used the old auto install feature to run.
(most systems would have autorun disabled now)

in 1998 I had to figure out how 130 machines got infected with malware. Turned out contractors were hired to update some custom software on thousands of machines at night over a month long period. . Contractors were given CD for the upgrade but one copied the cd to his own USB and did the updates faster but installed malware on all the machines he touched with his USB thumbdrive. It was a simple autorun
took a while to figure out the cause since he also loaned out his usb thumbdrive to other contractors.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
people put up bogus websites to claim everything is malware just to get you to run their tools.
malware can also hide using the names of standard tools. (so i don't know)
I finished looking at the other dumps and added info to the last post.
look at the info for the chkdsk to see if there is an error in the file system
since the drive was formated, it could be a bug in the drive controller drivers or the firmware of the drive.
also, formated ssd you should boot into bios and leave it for a half hour after 5 minutes it runs its internal cleanup firmware and my work fine after that. ie powered on but idle f.or the firmware trim commands to complete. smaller the drive the bigger the problem. it could explain why virtual memory could not be created.
Thanks, john.

I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro again. No updates installed yet as the network cable is not connected. I opened cmd from the bootable USB and (outputs are translated from Spanish):
  1. chkntfs c: returns that the format is NTFS indeed and that is not damaged
  2. chkdsk c: /scan returns that the format is NTFS, "the specified object could not be found" and "A snapshot error occurred while scanning this unit. Run an offline scan and repair. Error when transferring session messages to the event log with status 6."
  3. chkdsk c: /f returns a long output, but says "0 KB on faulty sectors", but also "Error when transferring session messages to the event log with status 6."
Is this good news or bad news?

Thanks, john.

I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro again. No updates installed yet as the network cable is not connected. I opened cmd from the bootable USB and (outputs are translated from Spanish):
  1. chkntfs c: returns that the format is NTFS indeed and that is not damaged
  2. chkdsk c: /scan returns that the format is NTFS, "the specified object could not be found" and "A snapshot error occurred while scanning this unit. Run an offline scan and repair. Error when transferring session messages to the event log with status 6."
  3. chkdsk c: /f returns a long output, but says "0 KB on faulty sectors", but also "Error when transferring session messages to the event log with status 6."
Is this good news or bad news?
good news i think you have to run chkdsk with one of the other options.
bad news is I don't know which one: here is the list
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk

maybe
chkdsk c: /spotfix

you might just run thru the various options and see if one fixes the filesystem
/sdcleanup
/offlinescanandfix

if the drive was just formated you might do a full format rather than a quick format before installing windows.

the status code of 6 is a invalid file handle.
this would be expected if you ran the chkdsk from a boot image where no event service is running yet. so it might not be a big issue. depend on where the log should be saved

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
good news i think you have to run chkdsk with one of the other options.
bad news is I don't know which one: here is the list
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/chkdsk

maybe
chkdsk c: /spotfix

you might just run thru the various options and see if one fixes the filesystem
/sdcleanup
/offlinescanandfix

if the drive was just formated you might do a full format rather than a quick format before installing windows.

the status code of 6 is a invalid file handle.
this would be expected if you ran the chkdsk from a boot image where no event service is running yet. so it might not be a big issue. depend on where the log should be saved

I went through all options and nothing remarkable came out of it. It appears that all is as should be.

What do you mean by full format? How do I do that? I simply clicked on the Format button in the Windows installer.

you might also look at the firmware version of your drive using crystaldiskinfo.exe and look here to see if you need to update the firmware: A2000 NVMe PCIe SSD (kingston.com)

I installed the Kingston SSD Manager app and found an firmware update.

Drivers were also installed and updated through Windows Update. Anything else you want me to do?

May 19, 2022
I'm sorry to report the first BSOD after all of this 😕 It happened while Windows Update was downloading and installing stuff. Unfortunately and strangely, no minidump was created. So it looks like that the issue is far from solved 😕

Edit 1: Another BSOD when installing Steam. This one was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and was caused by amdppm.sys. Here is the minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5m1687ufmgfw4x/BSOD when installing Steam.dmp?dl=0

Last edited:
I'm sorry to report the first BSOD after all of this 😕 It happened while Windows Update was downloading and installing stuff. Unfortunately and strangely, no minidump was created. So it looks like that the issue is far from solved 😕

Edit 1: Another BSOD when installing Steam. This one was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and was caused by amdppm.sys. Here is the minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5m1687ufmgfw4x/BSOD when installing Steam.dmp?dl=0
full format is a option but it can take a long time (hours) since it will check for bad spots on your disk. most people do a quick format by default since it only takes a few seconds. since window 8.1 windows does a background check for bad sectors and tries to fix the problems that would have been prevented with a full format. in the background it can take days to complete.

-----------
good news: looks like your bios is 6 versions out of date along with the drivers. You should update the bios, and drivers (I would not install the utilities) update includes patches to fix security issues in cpu.
--------------
bugcheck was unrelated to steam install.
it was in amdppm.sys (current version microsoft generic)
the call that failed involved reading a table from the bios.
you might just need to do a bios update, cpu firmware update and chipset driver update from the motherboard vendors website.

it is the amd chipset support driver
it looks like the generic one that microsoft provides.
it may not match the older drivers that you installed on your system
AMDPCIDev.sys Tue Sep 10 21:15:11 2019
amdgpio3.sys Mon Mar 14 03:19:36 2016
amdgpio2.sys Mon Oct 28 04:13:47 2019
amdpsp.sys Wed Jun 19 07:45:11 2019
----
machine info:
Bios:
BIOS Version F51
BIOS Release Date 07/29/2020
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name B450 AORUS M
Processor Family 6bh - AMD Zen Processor Family
Processor Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Processor ID 100f8700fffb8b17
Processor Version AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Processor Voltage 8bh - 1.1V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 4200MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
full format is a option but it can take a long time (hours) since it will check for bad spots on your disk. most people do a quick format by default since it only takes a few seconds. since window 8.1 windows does a background check for bad sectors and tries to fix the problems that would have been prevented with a full format. in the background it can take days to complete.

-----------
good news: looks like your bios is 6 versions out of date along with the drivers. You should update the bios, and drivers (I would not install the utilities) update includes patches to fix security issues in cpu.
--------------
bugcheck was unrelated to steam install.
it was in amdppm.sys (current version microsoft generic)
the call that failed involved reading a table from the bios.
you might just need to do a bios update, cpu firmware update and chipset driver update from the motherboard vendors website.

it is the amd chipset support driver
it looks like the generic one that microsoft provides.
it may not match the older drivers that you installed on your system
AMDPCIDev.sys Tue Sep 10 21:15:11 2019
amdgpio3.sys Mon Mar 14 03:19:36 2016
amdgpio2.sys Mon Oct 28 04:13:47 2019
amdpsp.sys Wed Jun 19 07:45:11 2019
----
machine info:
Bios:
BIOS Version F51
Processor Family 6bh - AMD Zen Processor Family
Processor Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 4200MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz
Thanks, john.

I have updated some drivers through the Gigabyte APP Center. However, I don't understand why the dump says that the BIOS version is F51 when I manually updated it to F63b some day this week. Here is a picture of the BIOS:

Ar1vJkp.png

The @ BIOS app from the APP Center also says that the current BIOS version is F63b.

Edit1: Just got another BSOD after updating the stuff you suggested and while looking at the Gigabyte APP Center. Nothing else was running. Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8q4a689hn6yi9y/052122-6109-01.dmp?dl=0

Edit 2: Another one while Firefox and Microsoft Store were running. Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n19c08koxz0hqs/052122-7562-01.dmp?dl=0

Last edited:
you might download a new copy of your network driver, then google how to remove drivers from the driver store.
remove old copies of your network driver from the driver store and the install the new copy.
just in case your network driver has been modified. (you did not have the microsoft version installed so I can not check)

bugcheck from Fri May 20 12:38:34.944 2022 shows
BIOS Version F51
the 3 suspect drivers are not installed.

----------
I put the debugger bios info, It does look like it was updated. one warning from the debugger.
I will check the next bugcheck also to see what it indicates.
second bugcheck:
052122-7562-01.dmp
Sat May 21 00:22:42.037 2022
windows core files look fine in the debugger.
3 suspect drivers from below list are installed.
system bugchecked because of a stack overflow
looks like a buffer over run, something attempting to modify a list for virtual memory
looks like the process was
gcloud

I would look for \gigabyte\gservice\gcloud.exe
search for gcloud.exe and see where it came from gigbyte? google ? not sure.
and disable it, and find out why it was installed and running.

------------
(oldest bugcheck)
Sat May 21 00:17:13.525 2022
looking at the current bugcheck:
system up time was 2 min 10 seconds
stack was corrupted, raw stack shows ndis then a call to
HAL!HalpApicRequestInterrupt then a call to rt640x64.sys before the bugcheck for SecurityCheckFailure

here is a nice helpful artical on how to hack HAL!HalpApicRequestInterrupt
Windows 10 HAL’s Heap – Extinction of the "HalpInterruptController" Table Exploitation Technique | Bluefrostsecurity

here is a list of drivers microsoft indicates are easy to infect:
Microsoft recommended driver block rules (Windows) - Windows security | Microsoft Docs

debugger thinks these files windows core files are modified:
win32k.sys, win32kfull.sys, win32base.sys
also:
windows defender network stream filter:
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wd\WdNisDrv.sys

suspect drivers installed:
C:\Windows\gdrv2.sys Mon Apr 15 00:45:51 2019
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\gdrv3.sys Fri Nov 5 01:35:11 2021
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\inpoutx64.sys Fri Oct 17 16:01:16 2008

I would remove these drivers with autoruns, try to find out how they were installed.

bios info shows:
BIOS Version F63b
BIOS Release Date 05/11/2022
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 4200MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz

warning from debugger:
Note: The On Board Device Information (Type 10) struct is obsolete as of SMBIOs spec v2.6 Number of Devices 1

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
you might download a new copy of your network driver, then google how to remove drivers from the driver store.
remove old copies of your network driver from the driver store and the install the new copy.
just in case your network driver has been modified. (you did not have the microsoft version installed so I can not check)

I think I updated the "network driver" this morning. I went here https://www.realtek.com/en/downloads, clicked on "Realtek PCIe FE / GbE / 2.5GbE / Gaming Family Controller Software Quick Download Link" and downloaded the Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) program under the Windows section. The installer only let me Modify (aka repair, I think) the drivers and it updated some thing. It this enough? Or do you mean soomething else?

bugcheck from Fri May 20 12:38:34.944 2022 shows
BIOS Version F51
the 3 suspect drivers are not installed.

I'm really surprised by this because I'm sure I updated the BIOS to F63b days ago. How is it possible that the minidump says that the BIOS version was F51?

system bugchecked because of a stack overflow
looks like a buffer over run, something attempting to modify a list for virtual memory
looks like the process was
gcloud

I would look for \gigabyte\gservice\gcloud.exe
search for gcloud.exe and see where it came from gigbyte? google ? not sure.
and disable it, and find out why it was installed and running.

Google says it is a Gigabyte driver, not sure for what, though. Will try to uninstall it.

debugger thinks these files windows core files are modified:
win32k.sys, win32kfull.sys, win32base.sys
also:
windows defender network stream filter:
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wd\WdNisDrv.sys

Do you want me to do something regarding these drivers?

suspect drivers installed:
C:\Windows\gdrv2.sys Mon Apr 15 00:45:51 2019
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\gdrv3.sys Fri Nov 5 01:35:11 2021
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\inpoutx64.sys Fri Oct 17 16:01:16 2008

I would remove these drivers with autoruns, try to find out how they were installed.

As per Google, gdrv2.sys and gdrv3.sys were likely installed by Gigabyte APP Center. Will uninstall APP Center and both drivers.

On the other hand, inpoutx64.sys apparently comes from Highresolution Enterprises and is an "open source 64bit driver used to access "old fashioned" ports like the parallel port, serial port and others directly." (https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3861) Not sure what installed it or if I even need it. Want me to uninstall it anyway?

warning from debugger:
Note: The On Board Device Information (Type 10) struct is obsolete as of SMBIOs spec v2.6 Number of Devices 1

What does this mean?

By the way, I've been playing for several hours now (including Lego Batman 1, which used to be a certain BSOD trigger) and no BSOD for now. System seems more stable? But can't say for sure.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
I have uninstalled all Gigabyte apps, and disabled gdrv2.sys, gdrv3.sys and inpoutx64.sys with Autoruns.

Gcloud is nowhere to be found. Maybe it was uninstalled along with the Gigabyte apps.