Question Multiple - Simultaneous drive failures at the same time

Jadfer

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
In the past day I have had several drive failures and not sure why or when exactly it happened. I have an MSI X99A Gaming 7 motherboard / 6850K.

In the past day I lost 2 - ssd's in an external dock and 2 of my 3.5 drives. All of them are no longer visible to either of my pc's in bios or in a usb dock.

What could have possible occurred in normal use to do this to all of them at once?

Any tips on troubleshooting are appreciated.

germanium

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Could be your USB dock has a problem Try removing from dock & installing to main computer. If the compter recognizes them then it is a problem with the USB dock. If not then it is likely a problem with the drive. If none of your drives are recognized by your computer bios when attached internally I suspect your motherboard may be going bad. You may need to replace it. Before replacing the motherboard though try installing to a different computer , see if they work there, if so try the following. Some times old optical drives can wreck havoc with motherboards & cause problems else where. If you have optical drives in your computer disconnect them , see if it makes any difference. Same with discrete sound cards. Try removing these before replacing motherboard as well.

Last edited: