Multiple Wireless Connections in Windows 10

marshek

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I have 2 Wireless AC cards in my pc, I want them to have a redundant connection to my AC wireless AP. Although i connect them both to the same SSID, I check back in 2 min and one is disconnected. I have no way to get an Ethernet cord to my pc would need a 150ft cord to get to my pc. Physically im about 15Ft from the router and im doing gaming.

P.S. if i were to route the ethernet, I would have to take in down into basement across the house in basement up through 2 floors to the attic and then over to my room. I HATE LATHE AND PLASTER WALLS.

kanewolf

Titan
You want to bond the two interfaces (have double the bandwidth) rather than redundant (failure tolerant). You can't bond two wireless network adapters in Windows.

Actually lathe and plaster walls are fairly easy to fish wire through. Usually you have tall baseboards which you can remove a little section of to work behind.

marshek

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I want both redundancy and if possible increased speed. my router is Linksys ac 1200+ while the Wi-Fi cards are a realtek 8812au and an intel dual band wireless-AC 7260. The Intel gets great signal but keeps dropping while the Realtek gets a little less signal and is more consistent

As for the fishing of the wire its not extremely hard to do the fishing its getting the cable and to the locations where I need to hold it up and fish around. old wiring in the house and if I do the Ethernet, I will also have to redo electricity at the same time.