Multiplier locks

rayduh

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2003
Spitfire, The status of the multiplier locking would be nice to know for each type of CPU. If you can add it to your letter, great.

Elsewise can you give me a link to where that info can be found and hopefully it is kept somewhat up to date.

Also a place to find an explanation how quad clocking works even when the memory may only be PC 2700 and still get FSB of 800?

RichPLS

Champion
Isn't Intel's P4's multiplier unlocked downwards also.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think you can drop it to 14x. So your choice would be stock (16x for a 3.2GHz as an example) or 14x. yeh, that would be 18x or 14x for a 3.6GHz.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
They are not unlocked, however certain 775's if paired with a motherboard that is capable of manipulating it they can be dropped to 14. So they will either run at their stock multi or 14.

ASUS P5WD2 Premium
Intel 3.73 EE @ 5.6Ghz
XMS2 DDR2 @ 1180Mhz

<A HREF="http://valid.x86-secret.com/records.php?PHPSESSID=792e8f49d5d9b8a4d1ad6f40ca029756" target="_new">#2 CPUZ</A>
SuperPI 25secs

TRENDING THREADS