music production pc under $400

Zaronofficial

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
hey guys, before i start i know this isnt about a gaming pc but i didnt know where else to put this question. so ive been saving and have $400 to spend on a music production pc. I dont know a lot about building computers so i was undering if you guys could help me build a music production computer for under $400. i already have a monitor and a keyboard. i will be using fl studio if that helps. hopefully this isnt to make to ask of. thanks!

duck74uk

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
Full system requirements of FL Studio:

2Ghz Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 (or later) compatible CPU with full SSE2 support. The faster your CPU and more cores it has the more you will be able to do simultaneously. Download and test the demo!
32 or 64 Bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP (with service pack 3)
1 Gb or more RAM recommended
1 Gb free disk space
Soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO/ASIO2 compatible required for audio recording (FL Studio installs with generic ASIO4ALL drivers)

It shouldn't be hard at all to find a computer than can run this. Search for PC's in your price range, and as long as it says the CPU is above 2.0 GHz, you will be fine, its impossible these days to find a PC with less than 1gb of ram, and less than 1gb of storage

- Do you have an audio interface already?
- What kind of music are you making? Are you recording digitally or with microphones? Do you use a lot of effects software like VST's etc?
- Do you need an OS in this budget?

Those system requirements are the bare minimum and it really depends on what you're using the software for.

glitchman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
FL studio will run on a PC in that price range, but you'll have issues with VST's if you try to install. I would suggest to save a little more. The last thing you need is to crash after working on a track.

These articles may help:

http://www.stayonbeat.com/2013/12/21/best-laptops-music-production/

http://www.stayonbeat.com/2013/11/18/best-fl-studio-tutorials/