Music via both Headset & Speakers

Theodwros Tenizis

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014
Hey guys, i currently have a LG 5.1 blu ray home cinema connected with my pc via fiber optic. I also have a HyperXcloud II headset. I would like to know if there is any way to make them play sound from both devices. I am using windows 8.1. My sound card is the default of my motherboard (Rampage V). I've tried a couple of videos that are on youtube but none of them is working. I dont know if this is because is connected via optic. Any help appreciated. Thank you. (The purpose of this is because sometimes i have friends coming here to watch me play games, and i cant play games without headset, and without sounds the gameplay is boring :) )

bWVkaWFJZDo5NzM2MDgw

Theodwros Tenizis

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2014

1) Its connected via USB, if i connect only the jack i cant use the sound card of the headset or the 7.1 surround.

2) The same. Also if its able to play seperate sounds over each device i would like to know that. :)

Well I haven't come across a single device solution, but there are plenty of y-splitters for an analog audio cable, and there are analog to TOSLINK optical adapters. So, the cheap y-cable can split the signal out of the USB card that comes with the headset, and the other output gets sent to the TOSLINK (optical) adapter.