Question MX Keys issues

Feb 11, 2020
Hello there,

After three months, I finally could get my MX Keys from Logitech to replace my K310 (you know, the washable one that is still working by the way).

Everything is great except when i'm playing games (I know, the keyboard is not made for that).

So, I'm left-handed so I use arrows to move arround and right shift to sprint. I tried different games (Dead by Daylight, Mass Effect Andromeda, Cyberpunk). In all games, I can run in all directions except slightly on the right.

The key combination right shift + up + right makes me run forward.
It is the very first time ever I encounter such a problem.
If I swtich right shift with right ctrl, it works but it is not confortable to play at all.
The keyboard drivers are up to date according to Logitech's software.

I tried with scroll lock on and off and it is still the same.

Any suggestions?

Feb 11, 2020
Try another keyboard see if it does the same thing. Could be how the key and firmware in the keyboard is with combing the directional keys.

Hi! As I have 2 laptops at my disposal I tried the MX keys on both and also tried the laptops keyboards. Everything is fine on them. I can move as I want. Also I noticed this morning, it somehow affects my Excel sheets when I want to navigate, select elements...

Feb 11, 2020
Update: I contacted Logitech directly as I bought the keyboard on their website. it was the cheapest option in France.

So they sent me a long email to troubleshoot the usual stuff:
  • uninstall/reinstall drivers
  • uninstall/reinstall Logitech softwares (unifying/options)
  • try different USB ports

It didn't help... Of course...

The guy on the phone said they are aware of driver issues with the MX Keys but not with the arrow/shift keys.
If it can't be sold, I should get a replacement unit.

I really hope it can be solved. I wasn't really lucky with electronics this year:
  • ordered a new headset (MH752) mic was missing in the box
  • 2 HDD failed almost at the same time (nothing important on them and I had a backup on another one)