mx reds or mx brown for gaming and school

kathir28

Reputable
May 13, 2014
hello!
I have always used membrane keyboards, but now i i'm thinking of buying a mechanical. i have found out that reds and browns most likely will suit me, but i cant choose between these. i have gone to stores, but i have only found the blackwidow 2014 displayed. i will use the keyboard for gaming and for school (homework and essays). i am 14 (soon 15) years old if this helps!
thanks in advance!

Solution
It's honestly down to personal choice however:
Cherry Blues = typing (not that good for gaming as you need to release it fully before you can press it again)
Cherry Reds = gaming (but with no tactile feedback)
Cherry Browns = essentially reds but with tactile feedback.
Cherry Blacks = reds with more resistance.

I'm the same age as you and will be buying it for the same reasons as you. Going for the browns, currently got my sights set on the CM Quickfire Stealth

Raycorrupt

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
It's honestly down to personal choice however:
Cherry Blues = typing (not that good for gaming as you need to release it fully before you can press it again)
Cherry Reds = gaming (but with no tactile feedback)
Cherry Browns = essentially reds but with tactile feedback.
Cherry Blacks = reds with more resistance.

I'm the same age as you and will be buying it for the same reasons as you. Going for the browns, currently got my sights set on the CM Quickfire Stealth

Solution

kathir28

Reputable
May 13, 2014

Thanks ! I went with the Browns, I bought the k70 rgb (secondhand though), I will try it this weekend :)

Raycorrupt

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Cool! I went out and bought the CM Quickfire Stealth (Cherry Browns), just arrived today and I'm using it to type this.