MX300 525gb, any problems with it? Freezing?

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Hey guys!

So I have come across some posts/ and a thread where there are users stating that the Crucial SSD freezes for them.

Is this true? Cuz if soo, I feel scammed. The SSD has not arrived yet.....

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Why does the Windows AHCI/ Rapid Storage Tech driver cause these issues?

Do I go into BIOS to enable ACHI mode? When I get my System, I will probably come back here and ask again. So a simple update on the AHCI driver will fix this?

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

So you are saying I don't need to worry about this? All I have to do is download/install the latest AHCHI driver for the SSD.

Since I don't have the SSD yet, I have yet to try.

Why does Crucial SSD MX300s freeze? Is it because of outdated AHCI drivers? Cause it sure sounds like it.

USAFRet

Titan

From that link, it seemed to be a case of Acronis True Image being installed.
Nothing to do with the drive or the OS.

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
So you are saying this won't happen, as long as I keep my SSD drivers up to date (be it AHCI drivers, etc.)?

If so, that is a relief. Thought that I would meet freezes here and there.

USAFRet

Titan

No.
I'm just saying don't go by one thread, which seems to point to a conflict with one particular 3rd party application.

And seemingly easily fixed.

Yes, it seems that way for my 2 drives. Neither had Acronis installed; issues started recently with the W10 system, and since I updated the RST driver, it has not frozen a single time. The Skylake system with a MX100 also showed similar behavior - random freezes, nothing in the event log.

In any case, wouldn't hurt to run the actual driver rather than the Windows one, but the other guy seems very insistent that it's not an issue. So whatever.