Question mx330 showing as microsoft basic display adapter

Krishnan 05

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
I recently bought a laptop which is the dell Vostro 3500. When I bought it, I saw in the device manager had 2 GPUs one is the integrated GPU and one is the dedicated GPU mx330. The problem is some heavy apps run on GPU 0 which is the igpu and it bothered me so i disabled the igpu in the device manager. Then I found lag when i move my app window etc. I went to advanced display settings and saw it says it is connected to Microsoft basic video adapter. I have windows 10 20h2 and video driver version 471.11 which I got from Nvidia website by filling correct details.

Lutfij

Titan
You don't disable the iGPU, in fact you don't disable anything. The right way of doing things is to make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version. Speaking of which, what BISO version are you on at the time of writing? You should ideally be on version 21H1 for your OS. As for your GPU drivers, once you've sourced the latest installers from both Nvidia and Intel, use DDU and uninstall your GPU drivers. Reboot. Then install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Krishnan 05

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
You don't disable the iGPU, in fact you don't disable anything. The right way of doing things is to make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version. Speaking of which, what BISO version are you on at the time of writing? You should ideally be on version 21H1 for your OS. As for your GPU drivers, once you've sourced the latest installers from both Nvidia and Intel, use DDU and uninstall your GPU drivers. Reboot. Then install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.4.0, 17-03-2021
is my bios version.
Is there any way to disable my igpu because some apps run on igpu instead of running on my dedicated gpu.