My 10 day old RX570 4GB has no output whatsoever.

Oct 31, 2018
Ok, so in July of this year my rusty old R9 270 died on me, so I was in need of a new GPU. I saw the RX 570 on sale and bought it. Three months later, whilst I was playing Destiny 2, it stopped giving me a display output, the game was looping its sound, but Teamspeak was working in the background. I managed to get a new one through the warranty.

Fast-forward two weeks and I get the new GPU, which is the one with the same problems once more. Whilst I was playing Destiny 2 on Tuesday (30. Oct.) the same thing happened. My GPU stopped giving any display output whatsoever. This time however, instead of taking three months to break, it took just over one week for it to act just the same.

The specifications of my current rig:
i5-4440 (Not overclocked)
ASUS Expedition RX 570 4GB
1x8GB DDR3 RAM 1600 mHz
A MSI mATX board (Dont remember the exact model number)
460w PSU (My previous GPU used more power, so i figured at the time that I did not need a PSU of higher capacity)
1TB SSHD

This was a pre-built rig by HP, that when the GPU died on me, I decided to upgrade the GPU, but took care to check in advance that it would not go over the power usage limit. I used Outervision's psu calculator for this and estimated my total wattage to be somewhere around 430w (With peripherals).

I was thinking that the PSU could be going bad, but I wanted to make sure by asking here if it could be something else.

*Edit

Should add that the pre-built computer i started with was a HP Envy 700-281eo
Link to specifications: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-700-200-desktop-pc-series/5399651/model/6890525/document/c04149808

Thank you for any and all responses! :)

Oct 31, 2018

It seems to be from HP, but not of any known brands such as Corsair or EVGA. 80+ (standard/white) efficiency. I don't know however if it is the motherboard, as when I connected my monitor directly to the DVI ports there, I finally managed to get a display output (without the GPU in the system mind you).

By motherboard I mean the PCIe slot not the onboard video. I'd try another power supply, although the Envy models have decent quality ones. Did you check temps, try a clean Windows setup? Test the cards in another system to make sure they are dead not just in your system?

Oct 31, 2018

For the moment I do not have a different PSU on me. As for the temps: They hovered around the 70s range under load and when I installed the GPU initially I had a fresh install of Windows 10. The card is also on its way to the store i bought it off of so they can verify that it does not work, and can send a new one. More or less i tried to figure out why this is happening, as the same thing has happened twice now in the same fashion. For the record, my old GPU does give me a display output, but only until a program is launched, then it goes all black.