my 1000watt psu died after running crossfire r9 390s .. and i do not know why.

zxcvb134

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
this is the psu i was using . evga supernova 1000 gold
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438010

it only lasted 2 weeks with the crossfire r9 390s and then it broke. what happened was my pc shut off and would not turn back on i opened the case the two 390s were very hot. i checked every part of my pc but the only thing that broke was the psu. so i got an rma replacement . i told them i was running the two 390s so i suspecting this is the right psu for these two cards or they would have not replaced it right . so now that i have the replacement i don't even want to set it up again because i am scared most likely the same thing will happen. does anyone know why this happened. these are my system parts.

amd fx 8350
Gigabyte . 990FXA-UD3
Radeon R9 390 (one or two)
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
picture of it before it broke.
https://i.gyazo.com/3dca12652c4f623a2446a039804a91aa.jpg

Solution
The EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 is a high quality PSU, and has more than enough capacity to power this system.

It is a little surprising that a unit in this series had failed (so soon). However, even high quality PSU's do fail (eventually), but not as often as lower quality PSU's.

The reason for the PSU failing is just speculation, as details of any examination of the componentry within the unit and of any subsequent tests done on the unit after the failure are not available to make a determination.
The EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 is a high quality PSU, and has more than enough capacity to power this system.

It is a little surprising that a unit in this series had failed (so soon). However, even high quality PSU's do fail (eventually), but not as often as lower quality PSU's.

The reason for the PSU failing is just speculation, as details of any examination of the componentry within the unit and of any subsequent tests done on the unit after the failure are not available to make a determination.

Solution